Governor Announces Support for Crossbows in NY

Tinlodge

Somehow with the answers I knew this. So I guess you think Cuomo is a hero too. Did you read the part where he said gun confiscation may be necessary? I guess it will not effect you.

I don't line up with any professional politicians, I make informed decision.

As I said I'm a free thinker...that involves thinking, not just party line regurgitating.

No one is coming for your hunting rifles and shotguns, no one is coming for your permitted pistols and ARs. Paranoid bunch of panicky Pete's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

so you realize, that if you should ever get that pistol license revoked you will have to give up ALL your guns?

I have 1 pistol. If I do something bad enough to get my permit revoked then I don't think I should have it anyway.

• Like 2

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence – it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and fearful master.”

George Washington

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”

Edward R. Murrow

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

Thomas Jefferson

So your claim of misinformation is based on some kind of insinuation that you conjured up in your head? Man that is lame. They simply stated that Cuomo inserted language into his budget regarding these proposals, and you see that as some kind of insinuation by them that he is the one who originated the whole idea. Do you understand how paranoid that sounds? I'll tell you who is engaging in misinformation. Anybody who could come up with that twisted logic is definitely engaging in misinformation. And just because you seem to think that this being a repeated activity is somehow relevant (for absolutely no good reason), you think it was a journalistic sin and some kind of conspiracy to mislead for them not to have mentioned that absolutely irrelevant piece of trivia. What the hell difference does that make? Look, I am no fan of the news media and am probably one of their harshest critics. But I have to tell you that you are engaging in senseless nit-picking over absolutely nothing.

And spoon feeding opinions? ..... to what motive? ...... what opinions? Talk about conspiracy theorists ..... lol. It is clear now what I have been beginning to suspect. You are making a whole lot out of absolutely nothing. Honestly, sometimes you amaze me. Here I thought that you really might have something of some substance. I didn't realize that it was simply your imagination running away with you. My gosh, when I think of the time wasted....

Yes, articles such as these are little more than opinion pieces, no conspiracy about it. Its just crap journalism, and youve bought into it hook line and sinker. Next time you start questioning the validity of a report, Ill be reminding you of this one.

There always seems to be some kind of fight in Ny.   If its not them telling me what kind of animals i can raise on my private tax paid property, its telling me what kind of gun i can own.  Never ends but i have to say that after my rights have been stepped on for so many years( Backed up by some on this site) I find it REALLY funny how those same people react now that they are involved and feeling a bit raped!

Ooooops..., I must have clicked on the wrong thread. I was looking for good information about the crossbow proposal, but I accidently found myself reading through more safe act fodder.

Somebody flag down one of the zoo-keepers so we can get these animals back in their cages!

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”

Calvin Coolidge

“Government has become ungovernable; that is, it cannot leave off governing. Law has become lawless; that is, it cannot see where laws should stop. The chief feature of our time is the meekness of the mob and the madness of the government.”

G.K. Chesterton

“Society will develop a new kind of servitude which covers the surface of society with a network of complicated rules, through which the most original minds and the most energetic characters cannot penetrate. It does not tyrannise but it compresses, enervates, extinguishes, and stupefies a people, till each nation is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid and industrious animals, of which the government is the shepherd.”

Alexis de Tocqueville

“Unjust laws exist; shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once? Men generally, under such a government as this, think that they ought to wait until they have persuaded the majority to alter them. They think that, if they should resist, the remedy would be worse than the evil. But it is the fault of the government itself that the remedy is worse than the evil. It makes it worse. Why is it not more apt to anticipate and provide for reform? Why does it not cherish its wise minority? Why does it cry and resist before it is hurt? Why does it not encourage its citizens to be on the alert to point out its faults, and do better than it would have them?”

Henry David Thoreau

@CVB, First call me an idiot for my beliefs...then run down a good school. You are an enlightened sophisticate! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a good school does not mean you learned anything.  it shows

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now please explain to me how they have not infringed upon this god given right.  I guess I need me some of that there sophisticated school book learning to understand

a good school does not mean you learned anything.  it shows

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now please explain to me how they have not infringed upon this god given right.  I guess I need me some of that there sophisticated school book learning to understand

Maybe some of that "sophisticated school book learning" would have taught you guys safe act crap doesn't belong in a crossbow thread.

Start with that genious.

• Like 1

a good school does not mean you learned anything. it shows

Now please explain to me how they have not infringed upon this god given right. I guess I need me some of that there sophisticated school book learning to understand

Your boys Scalia and Thomas ruled the militia thing was not relevant and you guys cheered when it meant individual protection...now you want to fight our government with wannabe AR's...if you closely read the amendment you will see the phrase Assault Rifle or Banana Clip doesn't appear I'll repeat again:

There is no expressed constitutional right to 16 bullets in your wanna-be assault weapon.

In fact there is no expressed right to own a wannabe assault weapon, tank, nuclear device, armed drones...etc. there are limits.

We have a standing army and nonpiloted flying death robots...you think the founders wanted either of those things...if its unconstitutional let the courts decide.

Sorry I was part of the latest thread derailment. My safe act opinions were never before aired but are now well documented.

Edited by Meat Manager

I'm not "using" it, but many said they would vote against anything he supported I agree it sucks to have this issue tainted by him. However, I don't think you can deny that this is him trying to throw sportsman a bone. If we accept it, it's almost like saying thanks bud. All is good now. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But thats what Im talking about here, its not an issue that originated with him, its been around for a few years now. To misconstrue the issue and support or not support it just because its in the budget again and Cuomo is using it to grandstand is bogus. Im not saying you in particular are causing that, just that the author of the articles that have been posted are, because they are not giving the whole story.

Thats all Im trying to say. Could have been summed up in a couple of posts had someone (not you) not danced around and attempted to twist things into something else. I guess I should have expected that to happen, par for the course.

Yeah, I'm all for:-Banning large clips-background checks-reporting stolen guns in 24 hrs-safe storage-banning Internet sales of wanna-be assault weapons-registration of wanna-be assault weapons.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just made some friends. I too don't have any assault weapons but I'm not ignorant enough to think they won't keep coming for more. Your .308 will soon be classified as a sniper rifle (for shooting up the power grid) then you may have wished you supported your fellow gun owners earlier. One would think the simple principal of the law being unconstitutional would gather your support...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Somehow with the answers I knew this. So I guess you think Cuomo is a hero too. Did you read the part where he said gun confiscation may be necessary? I guess it will not effect you.

I must also assume that he agrees with cuomo and that our kind is not welcome in this state... And he calls conservatives narrow minded?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@CVB, First call me an idiot for my beliefs...then run down a good school. You are an enlightened sophisticate! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that that was directed towards me. That must be a Civil War abbreviation for my name. Who said you wouldn't get anything worth while out of a curriculum like that.

guilty for calling you an idiot and I stand by that. (see comment above). I did not run down a good school. If you are feeling guilty about that place then that is your burden to carry. I only pointed out that it shouldn't be a surprise that a liberal came out of that institution or town.  Now are you going to enlighten us on how Ithaca isn't a Liberal hotbed

I was wondering how you were able to scout your lease during the work weekSent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do seasonal land management work and I'm also proctoring online classes, but yeah my wife makes the good money...no shame here.

@CHB, Sorry to offend you with my typo...Ithaca is certainly a liberal hotbed...communist academy of Cornell is also there...2 doe a day thru January...love it!

Btw the traditional definition of a political conservative is someone with a fixed mindset and adherence to tradition/status quo.

Edited by Meat Manager

I wonder how Meat Manager will feel when he ticks off the wife, she files for divorce and slaps a restraining order on him. Or he gos to see a counselor that prescribes him some Xanax to help calm down the stress of going through a divorce. Then the Staties come to his house and take away every firearm he owns. Or maybe his county gets a new judge, who revokes his pistol permit (if he has one) and he is required to turn in every firearm.

Its pretty sad to watch people bury their heads in the sand and say "I dont care, doesnt affect me...."

• Like 2