fisher study two...

G-Man

Well the dec is back here again with their camera with a fisher camera trap. They got several on cam here last year in 4 weeks. I dont really know why they are back again, havent been able to catch them when they check the camera to ask. Anyone out there have them coonducting a study on their property and know what they are looking for? (population increase? mating? or do they just like trail cam photos??)

Can't answer your question about the DEC, but I can tell you that I have seen more fisher in nothern Cayuga and western Oswego counties in the last 5 years than the 15 before that. I had one within 5 yards last year while turkey hunting. After he left, my 11year old son whispered to me, "how do they taste"?

I wonder if the DEC knows their numbers are growing and are trying to get a grasp on how many there may be.

• Like 1

well they asked last year to run a cam trap for them and they found them... but i wonder how long or what they are continung to look for...guess i'll have to wait to see one of the guy checking the camera

DEC out of Buffalo?

If so, I have contact info for one of their biologists if you'd like it.

Saw something too. Very early but not a fox. Dad thinks a fisher or some kind of weasel Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you ever saw a Ferrett run, this is how a Fisher runs.Kinda hopping along. They are much larger though and dark brown/black.

Edited by Arrow Flinger

I have gotten some trail cam pic's where I hunt near swain. Seen one down there and while bass fishing on hemlock lake it was working the shore line. They pretty cool to see the one by hemlock was brown the one by swain was back.