DON'T COMPLY! YOU'LL HAVE PLENTY OF COMPANY.

i wasn't referring to home invasion in my original post i was referring to Marshall Law and the Govt/Millitary confiscating all weapons and the homeowner with his AR that thinks he is untouchable because he has 40 boxes of ammo

i wasn't referring to home invasion in my original post i was referring to Marshall Law and the Govt/Millitary confiscating all weapons and the homeowner with his AR that thinks he is untouchable because he has 40 boxes of ammo

Same thing isn't it. Someone invading your home.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Same thing? A criminal invading your home and a military ordered operation are the same? See what happens when you take action against the military not the same as shooting an intruder

Guess you don't get it. Never mind.

As incredibly efficient as the AR style rifles and the large cap magazines appear, the fact is that they are completely worthless against the arsenal of the U.S. military. You will not take on the military and win. And so that part of the pro-AR argument simply does not work out well in a credible fashion. However, when it comes to home defense, who really has the right to limit your choices there. Home invaders seldom come one at a time, and the practice of home invasion is not really all that uncommon anymore. So if you should be so unfortunate as to be involved in a fire fight with several individuals, what would you be thinking about the NYS Un-safe Act then. How dare anyone tell you that your home security and the safety of your loved ones has to be sub-standard, or less than you have deemed appropriate, especially when it is currently likely that the threats of that nature are getting more likely every year.

As incredibly efficient as the AR style rifles and the large cap magazines appear, the fact is that they are completely worthless against the arsenal of the U.S. military. You will not take on the military and win. And so that part of the pro-AR argument simply does not work out well in a credible fashion. However, when it comes to home defense, who really has the right to limit your choices there. Home invaders seldom come one at a time, and the practice of home invasion is not really all that uncommon anymore. So if you should be so unfortunate as to be involved in a fire fight with several individuals, what would you be thinking about the NYS Un-safe Act then. How dare anyone tell you that your home security and the safety of your loved ones has to be sub-standard, or less than you have deemed appropriate, especially when it is currently likely that the threats of that nature are getting more likely every year.

While true a single person can't take on the military. However, god forbid it ever came down to something crazy, illegal, whatever I'm pretty sure the band of people revolting would be larger the the military.

There only ar argument is the 2nd amendment.  If we start giving in to certain parts of the law saying well an ar is not needed etc, we have lost. In for a penny, in for a pound.  There is no compromise on this issue.  

• Like 6

While true a single person can't take on the military. However, god forbid it ever came down to something crazy, illegal, whatever I'm pretty sure the band of people revolting would be larger the the military.

I definitely would like to believe that, but I have to wonder if that same spirit exists today in the American people. Today you are lucky to get people excited enough to even go to the polls. Seriously, this next election has me concerned because of that fact. The question is, are we still made of the same rowdy stock that organized a revolution that began our country? Another question is do we really have the resources to fight the U.S. military. Our military leadership has by necessity developed some pretty darn effective pieces of technology designed specifically for scattered uprisings. A lot of what is being used can be implemented from places that we, with our deer rifles, cannot even see even through the best of our scopes. The drone technology employed by the military, creates warfare as an unmanned remote controlled activity. It's not a one-on-one struggle anymore. It's not a question of who has the bigger numbers, it is more relating to who has their fingers on the various buttons of remote destruction. The advances in surveillance that we applaud when it comes to fighting terrorism all lies in the hands of the government, with absolutely no private access or even ability to use if we did get ahold of it. Even the Department of Homeland Security has been given authority to pry into and uncover any developing scheme or plans.

As I said, I wish I could believe as you, that the American people still had that backbone that we once had, the resolve of Revolutionary War days (or even WW1 or WW2). But the world no longer fights wars with muskets, and the people no longer get any more passionate over issues than simply making statements on internet forums. Laying down one's life for principle is a concept that is very foreign to most. I sincerely doubt that we really have the will anymore to conduct a successful revolution.

The part that kills me is cutting off a chunk of history.  I have a 1943 M1 Garand, and even though its historical, it has a bayonet lug.  I don't want to register and I don't want to take a saw to it either.  The thought of becoming an outlaw disgusts me.

The part that kills me is cutting off a chunk of history.  I have a 1943 M1 Garand, and even though its historical, it has a bayonet lug.  I don't want to register and I don't want to take a saw to it either.  The thought of becoming an outlaw disgusts me.

Recognize who all put you in that position, and work like hell to make them pay with their jobs. And remember, Cuomo is only the ring leader. He had a lot of help from his merry band of legislators.

Recognize who all put you in that position, and work like hell to make them pay with their jobs. And remember, Cuomo is only the ring leader. He had a lot of help from his merry band of legislators.

Oh I do!!!  And I have been paying with dues, donations, and purchases of signs & stickers.

If they are acting contrary to the Constitution and their oath, they are criminals

they wouldnt be acting contrary to the constitution Martial Law trumps that

habeas corpus allows an agency to hold a person without a charge. Suspension of habeas corpus is often equated with martial law

While true a single person can't take on the military. However, god forbid it ever came down to something crazy, illegal, whatever I'm pretty sure the band of people revolting would be larger the the military. Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Keep dreaming 90% of the US population would rather challange them to a video game battle

Band together? yeah ok.. this isn't 1800's there is no spirit like there was then

Dont forget, that the people in these threads making statements like "ARs arent needed, High capacity magazines have no place other than military use" etc etc are just as much, if not more to blame for our current situation. Those are the people voting these politicians in and supporting their agendas through campaign funds, votes, etc. They disgust me just as much as the politicians.

• Like 3

A true defeatist attitude. Nice.

not at all, members think this would happen as an all out assault against the american people over a weekend and all those opposed stand up band together and revolt...

it would happen similar to the war on drugs, police currently break down doors and raid houses for plants you don't think they can do that for  unregistered weapons now considered illegal?

one imposed law after another in small doses so that it becomes normalized.. that is exactly what is happening now

today it's magazine capacity and pistol grips tomorrow its anything with a trigger

it sucks... and yes you can vote and try to stop it but thinking of an all out revolution is far from what would ever happen

More like a plant attitude.  No need for them no one will band together.  Sounds like propaganda.  Come to my neck of the woods and see how fast people will band together.  My group is over 600 strong and we will be together until the end.  And that is in the sticks of NY.  

• Like 2

not at all, members think this would happen as an all out assault against the american people over a weekend and all those opposed stand up band together and revolt...

it would happen similar to the war on drugs, police currently break down doors and raid houses for plants you don't think they can do that for  unregistered weapons now considered illegal?

one imposed law after another in small doses so that it becomes normalized.. that is exactly what is happening now

today it's magazine capacity and pistol grips tomorrow its anything with a trigger

it sucks... and yes you can vote and try to stop it but thinking of an all out revolution is far from what would ever happen

I dont think that your opinion would prove to be correct if it came down to brass tacks though.

they wouldnt be acting contrary to the constitution Martial Law trumps that

habeas corpus allows an agency to hold a person without a charge. Suspension of habeas corpus is often equated with martial law

We all have to make our own decisions. Yours may feel that you do not NEED the arms that are outlawed now by the safe act. You may also feel that the other sections of it at that big of an inconvenience. That is you choice.   That isn't my choice and you should not have the ability to impose your choice on others. You may say that you are not for the Safe act but in fact if you are not opposed to in in word and action you are passively supporting it.  I don't mean this badly but more in fact. People (gun owners) like you ARE the reason this happened.

I believe what is more likely to happen is this. Our system can not continue on the track it is. We are very near the point that the people supporting the system will no provide enough to supply the ones with their hand out. I believe we are headed for a collapse. There will be riots in the streets and that is when the arms will be needed first.

the reason this is happening is people that don't own guns and have political powers and influence..

and you stating that when riots happen is when you need guns insinuating that you will take lethal force is the solution?

yeah ok brainchild

the reason this is happening is people that don't own guns and have political powers and influence..

and you stating that when riots happen is when you need guns insinuating that you will take lethal force is the solution?

yeah ok brainchild

So you are saying that when/if riots, etc begin, you are unwilling to use lethal force if necessary?