DON'T COMPLY! YOU'LL HAVE PLENTY OF COMPANY.

please dont say bush was elected by merit and not his pops influence... please dont tell me obama who never had a job a day in his life is one of "The People" and if you think there will be a all In revolution you are dillusional, just as dillusional if you think your vote counts placing the ballet for the best Liar

As I stated before if you choose not to comply with the law you choose to face the repercussions you become what will be labled as the irresponsible above the law gun owner exactly what they want

I very much agree with your entire first paragraph. Just gets my fanfare up when gun owners seem so willing to give in and bow to what has clearly been an attack on our Constitutional rights. Especially when I hear them using the same arguments that the antis use. The "need" argument is one of them. I own nothing that is effected buy they law..... For now. But that has been my choice.

Have you ever fired or owned what they are viewing as an unnecessary firearm?

if its a law i try to follow it i dont pick and choose what laws to follow

Pity. With thinking like that we'd still have slavery and women could not vote.....if the abolitionism and women's suffrage movements did not have those willing to stand up to bad laws.

• Like 1

Do any of you really understand what a felony is and what the penalties are for that level of crime? Do you understand the residual effects on employment and any kind of gun ownership, not to mention the social consequences for you and your family members.

Certainly when things have turned to open revolt or a total breakdown of government, those things will no longer matter, but right now we are a long ways from that condition. Right now, if you break the law, you will be a felon, and will suffer all the indignities and hardships of the penalties ..... by yourself. Right now you will face the financial ruination of legal fees for your defense. Right now, you will be hauled off to jail, and no one will come to your defense. Right now, there is no armed militia or uprising to call you a hero or rise up in a full-fledged revolt. Right now each person that fails to comply is on their own. That's the facts of the situation right now.

I would say that if you are simply planning on not complying with the law, you had better be ready to accept some jail time and accept the loss of all of your firearms, and accept having a prison record. And don't be looking for any uprising to result ..... just your felony conviction and whatever other negative aspects to your life that may come as a result.

Perhaps there will come a day when conditions are such that open revolt takes place. Maybe it will be organized and somehow have some chance of success. But right now that scenario does not exist, and when it comes to felony law-breaking, you are on your own just like any other criminal that society has come to despise.

• Like 1

That's right Doc... one must weigh the consequences based on where we are in the fight. Makes no sense to give up all your guns and freedoms at this stage of the game. Best to stay on the right side of the law and live to continue fighting the good fight another day. That doesn't mean that I'm beyond doing something foolish just to make a point... God knows I've done that before.

I'll start off saying I don't have a "ar" but if I did I see ne reason why you couldn't seperate the gun (upper and lower) store in back of closet for raining day. It's actually what our shariff dept is saying to do unofficially of course. Now that means you can use it but also means they won't come take it...again unless you bought one after this insane law took place it wasn't illegal to see it privately. So the ans becomes I sold it.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

That's right Doc... one must weigh the consequences based on where we are in the fight. Makes no sense to give up all your guns and freedoms at this stage of the game. Best to stay on the right side of the law and live to continue fighting the good fight another day. That doesn't mean that I'm beyond doing something foolish just to make a point... God knows I've done that before.

My point exactly. I like to see all the Rambo talk converted to realistic legal moves and efforts first. The Armageddon fantasies and movie scripts are ok when the day comes that all else has been exhausted. But when I see forums being taken over by such talk and at the expense of real meaningful campaigns to work within the system, I generally like to inject a bit of reality into the discussion. I often get the impression that a lot of these Rambo-isms come from those who have no intentions of bringing their grievances to the ballot box. That bothers me. 

Do any of you really understand what a felony is and what the penalties are for that level of crime? Do you understand the residual effects on employment and any kind of gun ownership, not to mention the social consequences for you and your family members.

Certainly when things have turned to open revolt or a total breakdown of government, those things will no longer matter, but right now we are a long ways from that condition. Right now, if you break the law, you will be a felon, and will suffer all the indignities and hardships of the penalties ..... by yourself. Right now you will face the financial ruination of legal fees for your defense. Right now, you will be hauled off to jail, and no one will come to your defense. Right now, there is no armed militia or uprising to call you a hero or rise up in a full-fledged revolt. Right now each person that fails to comply is on their own. That's the facts of the situation right now.

I would say that if you are simply planning on not complying with the law, you had better be ready to accept some jail time and accept the loss of all of your firearms, and accept having a prison record. And don't be looking for any uprising to result ..... just your felony conviction and whatever other negative aspects to your life that may come as a result.

Perhaps there will come a day when conditions are such that open revolt takes place. Maybe it will be organized and somehow have some chance of success. But right now that scenario does not exist, and when it comes to felony law-breaking, you are on your own just like any other criminal that society has come to despise.

well said.......anybody who does something stupid at this point will quickly find themselves all alone and in a world of....

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
Inappropriate language. Please keep it clean

And not have to worry about their gun problem? lol

On a side note. You are about to have the the Mod hands on you very soon for that outburst above in bold.... Not nice talk.

it was supposed to say "shot"...that asterisk should have been an "o".

Doc, right now,not registering your assault rifle is a misdemeanor not a felony ,keeping your'pre 94 standard capacity magazine is a misdemeanor as well.

I'd also bet if by some fluke a other wise law abiding joe citizen got caught with them,it would be reduced . If not well my two lawyers don't charge me, and in fact they did not comply as well,perhaps we ll be co defendants !

I'll bring it up with them over Easter dinner.

Doc, right now,not registering your assault rifle is a misdemeanor not a felony ,keeping your'pre 94 standard capacity magazine is a misdemeanor as well.

I'd also bet if by some fluke a other wise law abiding joe citizen got caught with them,it would be reduced . If not well my two lawyers don't charge me, and in fact they did not comply as well,perhaps we ll be co defendants !

I'll bring it up with them over Easter dinner.

The following quote was taken from the paper:

"According to the Associated Press, there's also a provision for a felony charge for an unregistered weapon under the law, and determination of which charge to file would be up to prosecutors."

My expectation is that for a while they will be making examples of those that are knowingly refusing to comply.

The following quote was taken from the paper:

"According to the Associated Press, there's also a provision for a felony charge for an unregistered weapon under the law, and determination of which charge to file would be up to prosecutors."

My expectation is that for a while they will be making examples of those that are knowingly refusing to comply.

Doc. Quoting the paper? I'll have to go back and actually read the sections again. I can tell you one thing. If I ever sit on a jury and it is for a charge where the person is brought up on charges under this where they weren't actually committing a crime there will not be a futility vote from me.

More like a plant attitude.  No need for them no one will band together.  Sounds like propaganda.  Come to my neck of the woods and see how fast people will band together.  My group is over 600 strong and we will be together until the end.  And that is in the sticks of NY.  

The cattle ranchers out west are sticking together & the local law & feds. are rethinking their plans, gun owners need to stick together & vote these anti's out.   NYC. voters (anti's) are going to screw rural NY.

That was a false flag.  While we all sat and watched that, I am willing to bet the emperor in Washington penned some more crap we will hear about in another week. Always seems to happen late on a Friday afternoon.  Then suddenly Saturday the feds back down. A victory as it seems was a set up. 

Failure to register the firearm may be considered a misdemeanor, but "possession of an illegal firearm" (ie, one that is not properly registered) is a felony. I just checked my copy of the SAFE act legislation.

The end goal of the anti-gun crowd is a complete and total disarming of the citizenry. Every single inch they get without a fight from us gets them that much farther down the road and emboldens them to take the next inch. Our fighting back does not change their agenda but rather forces them to spend time and energy in rethinking their tactics.

I don't condone breaking the law, but that is essentially what the governor and his legislators did in enacting SAFE. If they want to fight that way they shouldn't be too surprised when 'their enemy' adopts some of those same tactics, And they had better be sure their armed non-civilians are fully on their side.

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 1

I don't like all the quiet, not hearing anything from our state & federal law makers lately makes me wonder what they are up to & what they are doing behind closed doors again & when they will spring something new on us! I was once told "It takes them 3 seconds to make a law & 30 years to repeal it" if ever !

I don't like all the quiet, not hearing anything from our state & federal law makers lately makes me wonder what they are up to & what they are doing behind closed doors again & when they will spring something new on us! I was once told "It takes them 3 seconds to make a law & 30 years to repeal it" if ever !

And why wouldn't they be planning the next moves for the dis-arming of America? Don't they have plenty of confidence now that they have successfully pulled off the Unsafe Act?

Here is a fact: These people now believe that the gun owners are a disorganized set of people who cannot hurt them in the elections. They now believe that they have us on the run and now is the time to move swiftly toward the completion of their goals.

I know that we have it within our power to defeat almost every anti-gun politician in NYS. We have a list of them in the voting record for the safe act. What I'm not so sure of is the political resolve of the gun owners to put the fear of God into these people such that they will never again consider an anti-gun vote. But if we could vote as a unified block in concert with all the others in NYS that already have it in mind to vote against these people for a whole array of reasons, I have no doubt that we could unseat enough of them to send terror through their ranks for decades to come.

I just got this email this morning

News Flash
Sorry for the late notification Robert, but things are changing fast.

A Preliminary Injunction could be granted on the eve of when NY SAFE would have turned anyone owning a previously legal rifle into a criminal by not registering that rifle with the state by April 15th. In a suit brought by La Reddola, Lester & Associates, LLP under Razzano v Cuomo. Plaintiff alleged that the NY S.A.F.E. Act Violates the Fifth Amendment as it compels individuals to provide information which may incriminate themselves and criminalizes both Failing to Register a Firearm and Possessing an Unregistered Firearm. Violation of the Second Amendment upon Failure to Register or an Unchallengeable Determination of “Ineligibility” The Fourth Amendment by Mandating Searches and Seizures, without Warrant or Probable Cause as well as the Fourteenth New York State Second Amendment Coalition by Failing to Provide for Notice and Pre-Deprivation Hearing, a Method of Correcting Misinformation in the Database, or a Method of Retrieval for Seized Property in Violation or Due Process of Law.

A decision could be coming as soon as tomorrow. Monday April 14th 2014.
Check with La Reddola, Lester & Associates, LLP under Razzano v Cuomo. or SCOPENY.org for details.
This could happen fast.
Or the court could decide to do nothing.

Be advised that if the court decides to stop the database, we, (SCOPE) will be asking you to email the leadership of the legisltaure to Repeal the NY SAFE Act.

Edited by bubba

it's a personal choice if you wanna risk it but you should be well aware of the reprecussions

in todays paper.

ALBANY, N.Y. — Come Tuesday, owners of assault weapons in New York will be faced with a choice: Register those firearms with the state or potentially face a felony charge.

Some gun owners have long threatened to ignore a requirement to register assault weapons under the SAFE Act, a set of strict gun laws approved by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and state lawmakers last year.

With the registration deadline set for Tuesday, they'll soon have their chance.

"We are not asking our members what they are going to do, nor are we advising them what to do," said Tom King, president of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. "When someone asks me, I say it's a personal choice and I don't want to know."

The consequences of ignoring the deadline are severe.

If a gun owner is found to have knowingly violated the registration requirement, they could face either a misdemeanor for failing to register or a felony for illegal possession of an assault weapon.