getting ahold of property owners

fisher2

so pretty much i recently talked to a farmer about hunting the hayfield, he told me he personally doesnt care, but i may want to contact prop owner, so i called and left a message, what do i do if he doesnt call me back? how long do i wait to call him back

i left a message to the owner asking to call me back about it and everything, the farmer who hays the field said go for it so do i just listen to the farmer if i cannot get ahold of owner? the owner lives a good way away. the farmer said he likely wouldnt care, also i talked to the wife of owner, and she didnt know what field i was even talking about, she didnt know about owning a field.

Edited by burmjohn
Fixed formatting

If it was me, not sure I would go on the property let alone hunt it without written permission from the owner. That's just asking for trouble. Doesn't matter what the farmer says unless he has hunting rights in his lease. Then it may be a different story.

But that's just me...

did you say you talked to the owners wife? sounds to me like you found him.......I would think if he doesn't call you back, that he's not interested in letting you hunt, maybe another follow up call or two is about as far as I'd push it.  

If you're "calling" him on the phone I think thats a big mistake. No one likes the phone, let alone someone soliciting them or leaving messages. I would only call well after I have an established relationship with the owner.  

I guess I'm also confused as to how you don't know the new owner but have talked to the wife and also know he lives a far ways away? I'm not picking on you, I just don't fully understand the situation. 

Bottom line for me, no phone calls, and at best a tactfully written letter if you can't get in front of the owner in person. Also, if the owner is that far removed about whats going on at the property I would expect several trespassers are probably hunting on the land. 

• Like 1