What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Marinated a couple chicken breasts in some Lawry's Santa Fe Chili. Then added some lemon juice to the marinade for the last three hours. Sprinkled some cracked black pepper on them and a lemon slice on the top.

Spinach and white cheddar pierogi and left over carrots.

post-5489-0-39466100-1459636552_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Cornish game hen

96b7c37916a0cdb0801d00501eb8aa7e.jpg

For u dutchess folk, aroma Osteria.....wappingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wondered what exactly "Cornish" meant. And why is it a game hen? Is it actually a quail , dove partridge ???? Did someone hunt and shoot it?? And what does it taste like? I'll bet chicken but……Is it just a small snobby chicken??? For years I have seen them in stores, and wanted to cook a few up but I never did. What is it???

I have always wondered what exactly "Cornish" meant. And why is it a game hen? Is it actually a quail , dove partridge ???? Did someone hunt and shoot it?? And what does it taste like? I'll bet chicken but……Is it just a small snobby chicken??? For years I have seen them in stores, and wanted to cook a few up but I never did. What is it???

I don't know the facts. But yes they are very good.

They are a small, young chicken butchered at 4 to 6 weeks of age..

Originally they were developed from a cross between a "Cornish" ( a certain breed of chicken) hen and a Maylasian game cock, hence the " Cornish Game Hen" label. However, both males and females are eaten and cross breeding over the years has no doubt resulted in hybrids that are sold today.

Years ago you could buy them frozen at a very reasonable price, but they have become quite pricey in the last few years. I still indulge myself now and then, because they are very good.

• Like 1

Thanks , I also had a dill pickle , but could not find a green colored pencil .

Sometimes we tend to get too serious and worked up over hunting , I like to break stones and laugh, often at myself .....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 3

The real tcIII,

Seems like every time I do the roast in the crockpot I get that result. Dry and crumbly. It's like all the moisture is drawn out and settles at the bottom of the crock pot.

Wondering if any of the regulars here can tell us if maybe we are doing something wrong.