Gods sense of...

growalot

I have no idea where this summer has gone. It is going to be over before we know it. Each one whips by faster than the one before it. And it is true..... the older you get the faster time seems to blow by. At my age, I can't really afford to let too much time flash by that fast . Can't seem to ever get any of it back..... lol.

Jeeze, don't get me started on that subject. That's another one of those things that plague your mind the older you get ..... ha-ha-ha.

So true how it plagues your mind... I think for those of us that enjoy life to it's fullest... just don't want it to end... seems like there just isn't enough time left to do all I want to do in life... but man I work my butt off trying to cram it all in..lol

• Like 1

I suppose it does kind of point out that there will eventually come a time when a complete sense and perception of time will come to a screeching halt.

By the way, do you all remember the time when you were a kid that you wished away all that time so you could do all those "grown-up" things. Now there is something that really turned out to be a joke...lol.

• Like 1

Time is going by quicker

• next year my oldest goes off to college
  • flower girl from my wedding got married
  • wife's god son who was born her freshmen year in college just graduated college and got engaged
  • all my grandparents are now deceased
  • movies from my youth and childhood are now being released as 30th and 40th anniversary editions
  • had to show my kids what the real floppy disks looked like from when I was in school (pre-hard drive days)
  • Like 2

There is a reason why we time passage seems to accelerate.  I've given a lot of thought to this topic.  Think about this:

You go on a trip to get somewhere, lets say you drive 4 hours to see a friend or relative for the first time (although this can it also be true on a repeated trips to a good degree).    Did you notice the return trip seemed shorter than the trip out?  That's because the time you experienced  in the first 4 hours of traveling constituted 100% percent of the travel time experience your trip and away from you daily routine.  Additionally it had an aspect of newness to it.  The trip home only constitutes 50% of the travel time so you mentally perceive that the last 4 you hours of travel were significantly shorter than the first 4.  The perception of the trip home will be shorter still if you come home by the same route.

That's the way life is.  The relative amount of time you experience during a year is 20% of your life when you are only five years old bit its only 2% of you life when you are fifty.  Hence your perception  that the year went by faster when you were 50 is much faster than when you were 5. 

It all relative as they say!  Your perception has a relative aspect to it!  I think way to make time slow down is to engage in new experiences and new interests or refocus and renew your interest more intently and in new ways on those things that are more familiar to you with a renewed vigor, learning and purpose.

Then time will slow down.   Interesting topic.

I got it all figured out ....

Time flies when you are having fun. The older you get, the more money you've got, and the more fun you are having.

So if you want time to slow down, send all your money to me until you are broke and struggling, and you can't afford any recreation or toys. Time will instantly become a drag.

I am willing to sacrifice and take all your money and watch my life blow by. That's because I am a nice guy.

• Like 3

I suppose it does kind of point out that there will eventually come a time when a complete sense and perception of time will come to a screeching halt.

By the way, do you all remember the time when you were a kid that you wished away all that time so you could do all those "grown-up" things. Now there is something that really turned out to be a joke...lol.

Funny how I still haven't gotten to doing grown - up stuff...LOL well... if you ask my wife anyway.

How many hours do we spend sitting in trees or ground blinds  having to be silent and with or selves....Ya I know you youngins and your toys.....lol........ well I spend 3 months and nearly daily....time could go very very slow if it weren't for my wonderment of the things I see and here..........or the things I slow down enough to think about.....With out a doubt hunting is the only time life slows down for me..for I don't HAVE to get anything done...but enjoy the experience....

So there is the element of bad slow...when will this be over...how much longer to get there...ect..ect Then there is the good slow ....wow I could watch this for ever....Aaahhh it smell so great out here,listen to that ...I'm sooooo relaxed

I rush through 9 mos of life to get to 3 months of slow relaxation....lol

Edited by growalot

My oldest starts college in a week or two, my youngest is about to learn to drive, my nephew, who's diapers I use to change, is 30 and getting married tomorrow. I could go on and on.

Remember when you were young and summer seemed to last a full year?? Its all good though…….

• Like 1

Figures this topic has so many funny posts.  I used all my likes again so I can't use them here lol.

Funny how that slow down in the woods is something I cherish so much yet when the antler shine comes off a nice rack and my heart starts pumping I seem to speed everything up as time seems to stand still and every moment is imbedded in my thoughts.  Hard for non-hunters to understand this aspect of heightened alertness and awareness of your environment and self.  

Ironic how I feel hunting brings me closer to our maker and a general understanding of life.  Something the PETA type people will never comprehend as we are just "killers" in their eyes.  

• Like 1

You know you're getting old when you take your 13 yo son to see the new planet of the apes movie and he loves it, and when he sees you watching the originals on Amazon prime and says: "Those don't look like real apes dad". And you respond: "Well back in my day the technology wasn't what it is todayt" and he says: "What do you mean? They didn't have technology way back when you were a kid??"..... Lol!

• Like 2

You know you're getting old when you take your 13 yo son to see the new planet of the apes movie and he loves it, and when he sees you watching the originals on Amazon prime and says: "Those don't look like real apes dad". And you respond: "Well back in my day the technology wasn't what it is todayt" and he says: "What do you mean? They didn't have technology way back when you were a kid??"..... Lol!

Speaking of time and technology, I did have one great chuckle when My nephew (age 12 at the time) asked to use the phone. I pointed over to a big old ugly black phone in the livingroom and told him to help himself.  He stood there looking at it totally unaware of how it worked. You see we have one old phone that is the circular dial type. There isn't a push-button on it anywhere .... lol. Kind of freaked him out. Yup, time and technology keeps on marching forward. I wonder how he would have reacted to the old wall phones that I grew up with. It had a coded system that would tell you if the call was for you or one of your neighbors. I think we were something like 4 longs and 3 short rings. It was not exactly the most private telephone system .... lol. And it didn't take any pictures either.

• Like 1