Now I have to train another....

growalot

neighbor...lol...The sold sign went up yesterday and just before hunting season....Dang I hadn't gotten the new replacement metal posted signs with my name and cell # on them up in that section yet...now it will look like I'm putting them there because of new ppl... :rolleyes: That's never a good impression.

So many....." I hope not".... come to mind..

We just got done with  kids on the hill....hope not...

I have neighbors under control, with the dogs running....hope not...

Got all but Vermonters to stop trespassing... call FIRST if recovery is needed...hope not....

Everyone understands this is a hunting area we all hunt ...hope not anti hunting

Hope it works for ya Grow.  Though in my experience the odds are against you.  Where I hunt we have permission on two conditions, (1) shoot any coyotes on sight regardless of how it will affect the hunt, and (2) boot any trespassers we see regardless of how it affects the hunt.  It sees like every year it's the same, we do more policing boundaries than hunting.  It drives me nuts and I'm not even a landowner. 

I just don't understand how people can be so inconsiderate.  Someone else bought the land, someone else works the land, someone else pays the taxes every year, and now you want to reap the rewards without so much as the courtesy to ask permission first. 

Thanks..I have to admit..Damn it was rough when we first moved here...and I made no friends believe me...but then most of the worst left as I continued to buy up the land around us...ones moving in...thanked me...for my being a beouch ended up making their lives better......that neighbor had his moments but I received many calls to recover...helped track and he helped me track and even load a deer I'd ended up dragging a 1/2 mile to the road...just once did his kid hit our place in a 4 wheel only to get stuck and really screw up one of the streams...never happened again... He has been one of the better ones and will be missed...hope they enjoy there new southern digs..a nice middle aged retired couple would be great...lol

Not for nothing Grow, but the right antihunter can be a great neighbor. As long as you can settle recovery rights (most don't want the dead deer on their property), you have a built in bordering sanctuary to help age the deer. Now, many antis are nutso, but some are reasonable people with just a different POV and they can make GREAT neighbors.

They will have 9 teenagers with each one equipped with a dirt bike.

They will have 11 dogs that all run loose.

They will be horseback riders who want to build riding trails on your property.

They will have an army of friends and relatives who kind of like the looks of your property for hunting.

Every one of them will have fence-wire cutters.

They will consider it great sport to steal your posted signs and hide them.

They will all appreciate the stands that you have constructed for them.

You will have trail cams that come up missing.

They will find some neat places on your property to grow pot.

They will have constant wild all-night parties very near your lot line.

They will build large quantities of treestands on your lot-line. all facing your property.

Did I leave anything out?

Gee Doc , you are soooooo optimistic !!!

Actually a lot of those are from personal experience. The people who bought our old farmhouse next door, renovated it and converted it to 5 apartments. There is a constantly changing bunch of tenants, and at one time or another they all decided that the entire hill is there for them to use as they see fit. So most of that list is from actual occurrences. It sure does make life interesting ... lol.

God  Doc...as if I wasn't nervous enough when...sign went up just the other day and the moving van was there yesterday...no good byes ,see ya or anything...really I was never down working there wasn't a popping over and chat or a hi hows things...lord makes me wonder ...whos coming in...But then again they are leaving NYS...I'm sure that is jet fuel enough....lol

If you think that's bad, how would you like living in the country and having a 5-apartment building next door with tenants coming and going, dragging all their noisy irritating toys and city ideas with them....lol.

At least with your arrangement you have new neighbors that probably intend to be there for a while and are more than likely interested in maintaining good neighbor relations. Tenants ....... not so much.