Out Of Gas Scam

Lawdwaz

The world has changed my friends. The days of picking up a hitch hiker or taking someone's word for truth or even stopping to help a motorist change a flat tire are just about finished.

It sounds as though the young lady you helped may have been legit, at least until she got out of your sight. I am a very generous person that is usually first in line to help those in need. It bothers me greatly to refuse those who ask for help. But after being taken advantage of numerous times, your guard goes up against anyone that approaches you. I believe you did a good thing, even if you never see that money come back to you.  

These are sad times.

• Like 1

Warning for Men!
Clever Scam...warn your friends!!
This is very serious stuff!

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. This will only become more commonplace as the holiday’s get closer. This is a 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sam’s Club customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last couple weeks I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.
Simply going out to get some simple Christmas gifts has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-something girls come over to your car dressed as Santa’s Helpers as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start helping you pack your stuff into your vehicle. What catches your eye is the very short bright Red Santa helper miniskirts they are wearing and the tight fitting Deep “V” neck red top shirt with their breasts almost falling out. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds to get some hot cocoa and a snack.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen July 24th, 26th 28th 29th, 30th, twice on August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.!! What a horrible way to take advantage of men during this holiday season. Warn your friends to be vigilant. These girls will not give up, they have proven it over and over again with me.

By the way, Target has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at Wal-Mart and bought them out. Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Lowe's, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Wal-Mart and Target.

So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Update : Somebody reported this dastardly crime to the local police.Seven undercover officers were sent to various locations to put a stop to this criminal activity.So far no arrests have been made but the officers have lost a total of 37 billfolds,11 badges and three guns.

• Like 2

Warning for Men!

Clever Scam...warn your friends!!

This is very serious stuff!

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. This will only become more commonplace as the holiday’s get closer. This is a 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Lowe's, Home Depot, or Sam’s Club customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last couple weeks I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping.

Simply going out to get some simple Christmas gifts has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-something girls come over to your car dressed as Santa’s Helpers as you are packing your shopping into the trunk. They both start helping you pack your stuff into your vehicle. What catches your eye is the very short bright Red Santa helper miniskirts they are wearing and the tight fitting Deep “V” neck red top shirt with their breasts almost falling out. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds to get some hot cocoa and a snack.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen July 24th, 26th 28th 29th, 30th, twice on August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful.!! What a horrible way to take advantage of men during this holiday season. Warn your friends to be vigilant. These girls will not give up, they have proven it over and over again with me.

By the way, Target has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at Wal-Mart and bought them out. Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Lowe's, Home Depot, Sam’s Club, Wal-Mart and Target.

So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Update : Somebody reported this dastardly crime to the local police.Seven undercover officers were sent to various locations to put a stop to this criminal activity.So far no arrests have been made but the officers have lost a total of 37 billfolds,11 badges and three guns.

That is Frickin' hilarious! LMAO funny!

Edited by VT Outfitter

Fasteddy I need the list of all the stores you shop at

lawdwaz I think you did the right thing & it does suck we can not trust anyone anymore

I used to stop for any broken down motorist I could not anymore even here in NH unless I have my .45 on my side.

No money, no wallet, no fuel and she lived in Dunkirk.  WTF...........I told her "look it, I've seen this scam quite a bit lately and it is getting old.  I'll give you my business card and I'll snap a picture of your license plate.  My BIL is a LEO and he will run your plate and I will hunt your ass down if you don't return my money"  She continued to pour on the tears and said "they would absolutely pay me back".

Ok, I reach into my wallet and damn.........only a ten, some twenties and a fifty.  I was figuring I had a five spot but nope.  "OK, here's a $10.  DO THE RIGHT THING GIRL."

I don't know, sounds like a LOT of work and calling in a favor just to get $10 back. I'd give her $10 just for the effort and theatrical performance. I think it costs more than $10 to cross the GW bridge these days.

Who knows if it's real or not. If someone looks like they're really in need (and not a professional beggar), I'll give them a couple bucks. If I get a bad feeling about them, I move along. I've had strangers help me out in the past when I was in a jam, I feel insincere/hypocritical not paying it forward once in a while.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

I don't know, sounds like a LOT of work and calling in a favor just to get $10 back. I'd give her $10 just for the effort and theatrical performance. I think it costs more than $10 to cross the GW bridge these days.

Who knows if it's real or not. If someone looks like they're really in need (and not a professional beggar), I'll give them a couple bucks. If I get a bad feeling about them, I move along. I've had strangers help me out in the past when I was in a jam, I feel insincere/hypocritical not paying it forward once in a while.

professional beggars are all over the place, they get driven out to L.I. from the city and dropped off at various shopping centers....the usual setup is the family with little kids holding up the sign asking for money.

I HATE liars. 

What might be work to you is enjoyment for me................... B)

I'd estimate you've got about an hour in already, between the post, the discussion with the stranded woman, and the possible phone call to the brother-in-law (who probably is risking his job searching police databases for non-LEO purposes). And you're out $10. My time's worth more than that to me, but hey, different strokes, right? B)

Lawdwaz -- Just consider it as "Paying it foreward" and forget about it . You could have spent $10 on a lottery ticket and lost so the $10 for gas is no big deal other than it got us away from arguing other rediculous crap . :girlcrazy:

As for guys holing up signs that say "Will Work for Food" , one of those guys spoke on Brother Wease's show when he was on WCMF . The guy said "HIS" spot was on the 104 X-way and he stayed out long enough to get enough money for Beer and other treats . He had no intention of working .

• Like 1

I'd estimate you've got about an hour in already, between the post, the discussion with the stranded woman, and the possible phone call to the brother-in-law (who probably is risking his job searching police databases for non-LEO purposes). And you're out $10. My time's worth more than that to me, but hey, different strokes, right? B)

Bingo.....