Happy Birthday New York Hillbilly and Nyslowhand!

greg54

Ok folks, it seems I may have goofed someplace. While I appreciate the warm wishes for a happy birthday, mine is not until March. And, with me gonna turn 64 (I think...hahaha) this year, I am not racing to the finish line this time around.  So again, thanks for the early wishes! :  )

Oh, and on a different note, I want to add one more thing: 

This year I have enjoyed the time spent with all of you remaining on this site.  Even though my deer season has not been a very productive  one, it still was fun. The environment of positivity, sharing of stories, encouraging and congratulating each other on their successes have been a breath of fresh air. The absence of negativity, snarky comments, name calling, back biting, and trolling was for me a welcome change.

For the last 3 plus years as  front line medical provider, I had gotten my a$$ kicked on the job and it really took a toll on me. Literally, it nearly cost me my life, and I am forever changed by the miserable experience. Physically, people who have known me for years cannot even recognize me when they see me. And, to be honest there are times I don't recognize myself.  

Historically, I do most of my posting here during deer season, as it has been sort of my chosen virtual deer camp now that I have nobody to deer hunt with anymore. But, to be honest, it had gotten to the point where I avoided posting at all on this site, anytime, for fear of coming under attack by a select few and/or their supporters, or seeing others attacked. I have always hated bullies and avoid them at all cost. I deal with enough sadness, suffering and heart ache in my professional life. Including for the past about 12 years caring for our veterans both here in NY and in Alaska, seniors, children, adults, and all ages with autistic spectrum disorders, developmental or cognitive issues. Basically,  all individuals battling with  mental health issues and substance dependence.

So, that said, I don't know how long this site will actually be around, but want to say thanks to Eddie, Al, Grouse, greg54, 9jNYstarkOH, and all of he rest of you here (would be tough to name you all) who have allowed me to be part of your deer camp this year. I hope we can do it again next year! And, maybe keep chatting back and forth, if and until ,they turn off the lights here. 

Thank you! Peace! And, Happy New Year!

NYH

Edited by New York Hillbilly
grammar

8 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Ok folks, it seems I may have goofed someplace. While I appreciate the warm wishes for a happy birthday, mine is not until March. And, with me gonna turn 64 (I think...hahaha) this year, I am not racing to the finish line this time around.  So again, thanks for the early wishes! :  )

According to your profile , your birth date is Jan 1 . You can go into your profile and correct the date . Hope you had a good day anyway .