physics and string theory

fisher2

Like anything in Science or medicine, you should just go to the source...i.e scientific journals. Some of the highest impact journals I can think of are Advances in Physics, American Journal of Physics, Annals of Physics etc. I have a degree in Microbiology and took several years of physics but still. most of these articles are way over my head, however every now and then the "letter to the editor" section has some "dumbed down" section that is easier to follow. If you are not proficient at at least a college level of chemistry and physics, good luck understanding anything about string theory......just try youtube.

• Like 1

Like anything in Science or medicine, you should just go to the source...i.e scientific journals. Some of the highest impact journals I can think of are Advances in Physics, American Journal of Physics, Annals of Physics etc. I have a degree in Microbiology and took several years of physics but still. most of these articles are way over my head, however every now and then the "letter to the editor" section has some "dumbed down" section that is easier to follow. If you are not proficient at at least a college level of chemistry and physics, good luck understanding anything about string theory......just try youtube.

That's my issue, I've got a degree in physics (granted its only a 2 yr degree) and either I have too little information or way to complex info.So finding that middle ground is hard, guess I'll just stick to school and enroll in extra physics classes, we don't have any theoretical scientists at my college.

Thats my issue, i have a 2 year degree in physics, so i understand enough to need more information than a dumbed down version, but all the journals are above my head. Guess the best i can do is continue on my college until hopefully by the time I'm a graduate student i'll have my answers

My question basically is how does string theory explain what came at the moments before the big bang. I dont understand how tiny sub-subatomic vibrating strings can make the bang occur, i can understand that if we change the vibrations of those strings that we would create new forms of matter but i dont understand what in string theory sets the motion of the universe.

Pygmy should be along shortly to tell you about the G-string theory.  And that won't be about the G-string on a violin either.

G-string...? Sounds like DENTAL FLOSS to me...

Does it have anything to do with the elusive G-spot ??

I believe THAT qualifies as a theory also...At least I can't prove it exists..

Not that I really CARE.....

Oh well..It's time for my NAP...<<smile>>.....