A coup we never knew about.

WHO REDEFINED OUR MILITARY AND WITH WHOSE CONSENT? 

We are beginning to wake up from a nightmare to a country we no longer recognize, and from a coup we never knew.

By Victor Davis Hanson

Did someone or something seize control of the United States?

What happened to the U.S. border? Where did it go? Who erased it? Why and how did 5 million people enter our country illegally? Did Congress secretly repeal our immigration laws? Did Joe Biden issue an executive order allowing foreign nationals to walk across the border and reside in the United States as they pleased?

Since when did money not have to be paid back? Who insisted that the more dollars the federal government printed, the more prosperity would follow? When did America embrace zero interest? Why do we believe $30 trillion in debt is no big deal?

When did clean-burning, cheap, and abundant natural gas become the equivalent to dirty coal? How did prized natural gas that had granted America’s wishes of energy self-sufficiency, reduced pollution, and inexpensive electricity become almost overnight a pariah fuel whose extraction was a war against nature? Which lawmakers, which laws, and which votes of the people declared natural gas development and pipelines near criminal? 

Was it not against federal law to swarm the homes of Supreme Court justices, to picket and to intimidate their households in efforts to affect their rulings? How then with impunity did bullies surround the homes of Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, Amy Coney Barrett, Neil Gorsuch, John Roberts, and Clarence Thomas—furious over a court decision on abortion? How could these mobs so easily throng our justices’ homes, with placards declaring “Off with their d—s”?

Since when did Americans create a government Ministry of Truth? And on whose orders did the FBI contract private news organizations to censor stories it did not like and writers whom it feared? 

How did we wake up one morning to new customs of impeaching a president over a phone call? Of the speaker of the House tearing up the State of the Union address on national television? Of barring congressional members from serving on their assigned congressional committees? 

When did we assume the FBI had the right to subvert the campaign of a candidate it disliked? Was it legal suddenly for one presidential candidate to hire a foreign ex-spy to subvert the campaign of her rival?

Was some state or federal law passed that allowed biological males to compete in female sports? Did Congress enact such a law? Did the Supreme Court guarantee that biological male students could shower in gym locker rooms with biological women? Were women ever asked to redefine the very sports they had championed?

When did the government pass a law depriving Americans of their freedom during a pandemic? In America can health officials simply cancel rental contracts or declare loan payments in suspension? How could it become illegal for mom-and-pop stores to sell flowers or shoes during a quarantine but not so for Walmart or Target?

Since when did the people decide that 70 percent of voters would not cast their ballots on Election Day? Was this revolutionary change the subject of a national debate, a heated congressional session, or the votes of dozens of state legislatures? 

What happened to Election Night returns? Did the fact that Americans created more electronic ballots and computerized tallies make it take so much longer to tabulate the votes?  

When did the nation abruptly decide that theft is not a crime, assault is not a felony? How can thieves walk out with bags of stolen goods, without the wrath of angry shoppers, much less fear of the law?

Was there ever a national debate about the terrifying flight from Afghanistan? Who planned it and why?

What happened to the once-trusted FBI? Why almost overnight did its directors decide to mislead Congress, to deceive judges with concocted tales from fake dossiers and with doctored writs? Did Congress pass a law that our federal leaders in the FBI or CIA could lie with impunity under oath?

Who redefined our military and with whose consent? Who proclaimed that our chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff could call his Chinese Communist counterpart to warn him that America’s president was supposedly unstable? Was it always true that retired generals routinely libeled their commander-in-chief as a near Nazi, a Mussolini, an adherent of the tools of Auschwitz?

Were Americans ever asked whether their universities could discriminate against their sons and daughters based on their race? How did it become physically dangerous to speak the truth on campus? Whose idea was it to reboot racial segregation and bias as “theme houses,” “safe spaces,” and “diversity”? How did that happen in America?

How did a virus cancel the Constitution? Did the lockdowns rob us of our sanity? Or was it the woke hysteria that ignited our collective madness?

We are beginning to wake up from a nightmare to a country we no longer recognize, and from a coup, we never knew.

• Like 5

No. That there is the big lie. Trying to equate the crimes of the current administration with the foibles of the last. Trump might have been crude but he wasn't on the dole from China and Ukraine. When you can show any of the items mentioned above being done by Republicans I'll listen. So because both sides sold us down the river makes every unAmerican policy the Dems are forcing down our throats OK? Yeah Biden let at least five million illegal aliens in but it's not his fault. He forced us to get vaccinated but let them in without vaccine and no test for covid. He left billions of dollars of weapons to the Taliban but that was the smart choice not taking them or destroying them. I especially like when people on this site stand up for the party that is trying to take our guns away. Well done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hunter said:

No. That there is the big lie. Trying to equate the crimes of the current administration with the foibles of the last. Trump might have been crude but he wasn't on the dole from China and Ukraine. When you can show any of the items mentioned above being done by Republicans I'll listen. So because both sides sold us down the river makes every unAmerican policy the Dems are forcing down our throats OK? Yeah Biden let at least five million illegal aliens in but it's not his fault. He forced us to get vaccinated but let them in without vaccine and no test for covid. He left billions of dollars of weapons to the Taliban but that was the smart choice not taking them or destroying them. I especially like when people on this site stand up for the party that is trying to take our guns away. Well done.

I have absolutely no idea where you got any of what you are saying from what I posted. 

Anyone who has ever read anything I have ever posted on this site would know  better.

There is absolutely nothing I would begin to compare in a positive manner of this current $hit show, when compared to where we were just 2 years ago under our former president.

I think what he  represented to so many was a well deserved middle finger to the political elite in this country of both parties, and that's why they did everything under the Sun to bring him down.

Anyone who thinks it is a simple as Republican versus Democrat has their head in the sand.

Trump was in my opinion basically a brilliant guy who unlike Ross Perot, knew he could not win as a third party candidate in 2016 as they kept taunting him into running. So, he infiltrated the Republican party and beat them at their own game, and then went on to beat Clinton, in each case with the support of all the working class, forgotten people, "deplorables" who watched their jobs all sent to China and elsewhere.   

And, I'm waiting for everyone to wake up and recognize every one of the things you mentioned that are going on in this country (don't forget buying up our farm land, and land near military bases and critical infrastructure) and connect the dots, that these are not isolated events. I can't help but think we are already at war with China at some level.

And, I worry that so many of our politicians all likely being so compromised do to want to admit it, or have any idea how to respond out of fear, or without bringing to light their dirty deeds. 

PS. I'll take crude any day of the week from anyone  if it keeps us safe. 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
grammar
  • Like 1

I think there is a huge difference between the two parties.  I believe if nobody ever voted for any Democrat, most of today's issues would go away.  Yes the GOP has issues, but I don't think they are as dangerous to the future of America as the Democrat's. At least they most often follow the rule of law and the US Constitution.  I also believe GOP reps are far easier to expel from office because they don't rig elections.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

I believe if nobody ever voted for any Democrat, most of today's issues would go away. 

On this, at this time in history, we are in agreement. The list of the stupid, dangerous, and/or demented would take me all night to type, so I will not even attempt. I'm afraid if I were able to put them all together on the Island of Guam I might capsize the island. (lol...love that video clip)

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Yes the GOP has issues, but I don't think they are as dangerous to the future of America as the Democrat's. At least they most often follow the rule of law and the US Constitution.  I also believe GOP reps are far easier to expel from office because they don't rig elections.

Here, I hope we can respectfully disagree, when it comes to the GOP.  

Just a few; Liz Cheney (and her father), Mitch McConnell (and his wife with her/their China connections), Mitt Romney, Adam Kinzinger, Lindsey Graham, has been Paul Ryan, and let's not forget the Bush family, etc .

I believe; they, like the Democrats all openly fear, and hate Trump's guts,  and as far as I'm  concerned show the same level of disgust, disdain, contempt, and disconnect with blue collar working Americans. 

[I wrote a whole page explaining my rationale but decided not to to post it here, rather than open a whole can of worms and/or provide fodder for those who might return to this site and reignite their "grousing"!] :  )  (pun intended)

Oh I agree those politicians are as bad as Democrats, but I don't consider them Republicans.  They're RINOs.  They are just as corrupt as Democrats and feared Trump was going to expose their corruption.  That's why they hated him.  But the GOP party as a whole, and the platform they stand on, is a far better option than the leftist Democrats are pushing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Deputy U.S. Marshals assigned to U.S. Supreme Court justices last summer were instructed by Attorney General Merrick Garland to try and not make any arrests of pro-abortion activists protesting outside of the justices' homes.

This instruction was given despite a law prohibiting protesting outside a judge's home with the intent to influence a ruling. Earlier this month, Garland told senators he could not bring any charges against protesters who violated the law because none of the marshals made any arrests. Well, now we know why.

But it's worse, as internal documents reveal that the marshals were told, "Any contemplated enforcement action should be coordinated in advance with the appropriate USAO (U.S. Attorney Office)." So, if the marshals wanted to make any arrest, they had to first get the green light for such action from Garland's office.

But peaceful protesters on Jan 6th are sitting in jail after spending months in solitary confinement, because they refuse to plead guilty to charges of criminal activity they did not commit.

This is real Soviet style tyranny and political persecution, and it is being perpetrated by the entire Democrat party and a sitting US President. Anyone who votes to support this corruption should be considered an enemy of the state and dealt with as such.

• Like 1

The IRS paid Twitter Files journalist Matt Taibbi a visit at his home on the day of his congressional testimony about the weaponization of government. Since Taibbi was obviously not home, agents left a note on his door with instructions to call back four days later. It is strange for the IRS to show up at someone's home unannounced, especially for something as simple as what wound up being two previous tax returns rejected due to suspicion of identity theft. Taibbi did not owe the IRS money. In fact, the IRS owed him a substantial refund. So the obvious question is this: Did the IRS visit his home out of grave concern or to intimidate him?

Taibbi and fellow journalist Michael Shellenberger testified before Congress earlier in March. They were there to speak about the information found in the Twitter Files as it relates to the weaponization of government. Both journalists were accused by leftist politicians of being pawns and "scribes" for Elon Musk. In full disclosure, Musk did provide Taibbi, Bari Weiss, and potentially Schellenberger with a treasure trove of data to dig through and report on. However, Musk also gave them full autonomy to report whatever they saw fit, including information that could be damaging to Musk himself. Taibbi and the other journalists assigned to this task did their jobs without bias from political pressure — and that might actually be the problem.

The information found within the Twitter Files was not just about Twitter. The entire federal government, all major social media platforms, and a plethora of private entities working alongside politicians and bureaucrats were exposed. The federal government had set up an official system of social media content moderation. Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms would get tips directly from the government to censor certain content.

This is obviously why the Hunter Biden laptop story, which came from a reputable source in the New York Post, was censored across all major platforms. Taibbi was most likely paid a visit by the IRS for the intimidation factor because he is getting too close to something that government sees as indispensable — the ability to manipulate the general public through lack of access to information. The government also seeks to create a "list" of undesirable people who spread "misinformation." This list reeks of China's "social credit score" system, just not as obvious or public.

Where are the RINO's speaking out against all of these recent abuses? Could it be they are in support of it? (rhetorical question) 

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

So the obvious question is this: Did the IRS visit his home out of grave concern or to intimidate him?

Yup! And anyone else who might decide to speak up or ask questions. 

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

The government also seeks to create a "list" of undesirable people who spread "misinformation." This list reeks of China's "social credit score" system, just not as obvious or public.

Better believe they already have their "list".  Pray for our country, and all of its citizens to wake up and come together before it is too late. Irrational hate got us into this mess, and I believe only love can get us out of it. Love of country, our way of life, our families, our children, and each other!  

On 2/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, New York Hillbilly said:

Trump was in my opinion basically a brilliant guy who unlike Ross Perot, knew he could not win as a third party candidate in 2016 as they kept taunting him into running. So, he infiltrated the Republican party and beat them at their own game, and then went on to beat Clinton, in each case with the support of all the working class, forgotten people, "deplorables" who watched their jobs all sent to China and elsewhere.  

I said from the time he first announced he was running; Trump was in my opinion the frustrated Blue and White collar working class giving a Big Orange Middle Finger to the entrenched Elite class top level fraternity/sorority made up of both parties. 

As this country is getting ripped apart at its seams, our enemies around the world are licking their chops, and patiently waiting for the right moment to make their move. 

• Like 1

This country is getting ripped apart by traitors inside our own government.  People need to wake up to the fact our government has become completely corrupt and no longer represents it's citizens.  Our government now sees us all as subjects and expects us to accept our servitude, and many of our most powerful elected officials, including Biden, are working for, and doing the bidding of, our enemies around the world.

We will not be able to vote our way out of this mess at this point.  Time for Plan B.

• 1 month later...

Quote: "The big lie is that there is any difference between most of the politicians of either party."

When you apply that age old question of, "Are you better off today than you were during the previous administration, it all comes very clear as to what the real differences are between the GOP and the Dems. Anyone who has lived through both administrations should never ever confuse the differences. There definitely are a lot of ideological differences between the two parties.......BIG-TIME! That is not just theoretical anymore but is being demonstrated with new revelations every day.

Are there some bad apples in the GOP?........Sure, that kind of goes with the frailties of the general political system unfortunately. But when I look at the whole of each party, and the base ideology of each, and even the extent of corruption there is no doubt in my mind that there are some very huge differences in the direction and vision for America. I can clearly see the direction that the Democrats are taking this country vs. the direction that the Republicans have demonstrated in the past, and can see a HUGE fundamental differences in the visions of the two parties.

• Like 4