Call to action. Hunting contests in trouble.

Sharing this from another source.

CALL TO ACTION

Today, the NYS Assembly passed Bill A2917, the Senate passed a few weeks ago. This Bill bans hunting contests. Fishing is exempt as it's not wildlife, also exempt is deer and turkey contests.

What it does effect, Coyote, woodchuck, squirrel, crow...Everything besides deer and turkey.

It is especially important for any club or group, fire department, etc. to hand write letters to the governor explaining what your events does for the local communities.
We all know, the ANTI's will be all over this to get the governor to sign this bill into law. Let's pull together as sportsmen to defeat this law change.
If we don't do anything, we will never see another hunting contest in NY.

We need a massive calling, email and handwritten letters to the Governor's office.

The Honorable Kathy Hochul
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224
518-474-8390
SHARE FAR AND WIDE...
David Leibig
Executive Director
NYS Trappers Association
607-434-1906

These Liberals are lunatics and always will be. This is so stupid of a proposed law and would take away much needed funding from various agencies. The USDA has approved the production of chicken from animal cells in a lab. Liberal Lunatics.

Notice this:

"Fishing is exempt as it's not wildlife, also exempt is deer and turkey contests."

I don't see how they can say contests for most animals are wrong, but these are OK.  Seems they want to keep the opposition down in the beginning to make the bill easier for many hunters to accept, since most don't care about contests for other animals. Bet they come back soon and ban contests for deer and turkey too.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Notice this:

"Fishing is exempt as it's not wildlife, also exempt is deer and turkey contests."

I don't see how they can say contests for most animals are wrong, but these are OK.  Seems they want to keep the opposition down in the beginning to make the bill easier for many hunters to accept, since most don't care about contests for other animals. Bet they come back soon and ban contests for deer and turkey too.

Exactly right. It is a common, and tragically, effective historic strategy. Go for the low hanging fruit first.  The thinking is; who and how many will actually get worked up over crows, coyotes, rabbits, etc. contests being banned? Once this gets passed, next will come turkey and deer. Then what?

The much bigger picture in my opinion is it is a bottom up approach to disarm the American citizens.

Remember, "and then they came for me and there was no one there to speak for me" (Martin Niemoller)

When will the people in this country wake up and see they bigger picture, pull their heads out of the sand, rather than continue to intentionally ignore the reality and label those who point to the obvious as conspiracy theorists? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not big on hunting contests. I have never entered one. However, I see an attack against such contests as an attack against hunters. We have enough problems keeping our numbers from diminishing, and we do not need legislators going out of their way to discourage various kinds of hunting activity.....Especially by people who are obviously anti hunting and have no real interest or understanding of nature and wildlife. I stand squarely against this attack against hunting.

As Airedale said, "death by a thousand small cuts', they keep picking and picking away little by little!" That is the strategy of the left, and has been for decades. That strategy works. That is why we have to band together and draw a line in the sand and become hard core on even the smallest of intrusion on our hunting rights.

• Like 2

Because none of these liberals in NYS have to do anything except go to a grocery store to get there food.

They will never understand or appreciate the idea or tradition of hunting, as well as the ideals of responsibility that come along with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1