Monster NY buck taken.

Grouse

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Nope, did not kill a buck this year and feel absolutely no shame about it.  Just for you since you are such an idiot I walked downstairs to my basement where some of my past hunting exploits are collecting dust to take a couple of pictures for you.  Enjoy.  I had these critters mounted because I had the money to do it but they don't mean any more to me than any other animal I have ever shot.  I am happy with whatever I get to kill.

20240125_101408.jpg

20240125_101436.jpg

20240125_101517.jpg

Cool. So you have no problem with those bucks but you have problems with others that take bigger and hunt in a different way than yourself. Got It. 

I chased this buck around last year, let probably 20 other bucks walk and never killed a buck last year and ate the tag. That makes my way of hunting better or different from others?  I think not. Different strokes for different folks. I like the challenges of taking on the best my area has to offer. Makes the game much more personal with its up’s and downs. Can’t beat the feeling when it all comes together. 

IMG_7254.png

IMG_7253.png

8 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Cool. So you have no problem with those bucks but you have problems with others that take bigger and hunt in a different way than yourself. Got It. 

No way.  As I stated in an earlier post you can hunt for a deer that is twelve years old and toothless for all I care.  Don't matter one bit to me.  YOU are the one demeaning people here who don't hunt for the big ones like YOU think everyone should.  You claim that we can't even know the meaning of the word "hunting" until we do.  You even challenge people to show you proof of what they kill which shows how stuck up YOU are on this issue.  It's like you go out of your way to make sure that everyone knows that your wiener is bigger than everyone elses.  Honestly NO other way to describe it.

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

No way.  As I stated in an earlier post you can hunt for a deer that is twelve years old and toothless for all I care.  Don't matter one bit to me.  YOU are the one demeaning people here who don't hunt for the big ones like YOU think everyone should.  You claim that we can't even know the meaning of the word "hunting" until we do.  You even challenge people to show you proof of what they kill which shows how stuck up YOU are on this issue.  It's like you go out of your way to make sure that everyone knows that your wiener is bigger than everyone elses.  Honestly NO other way to describe it.

By all means. You go back and quote one sentence where I was demeaning in any way on the way others choose to hunt. I will wait.  That all comes from your weak mind. I said other hunters will never know the feeling of taking on the best of the best their area has to offer one on one until it’s harvest or bust. And that’s 100% fact and says nothing about other hunters.  What you read in to those statements is your problem. There are 1000’s of hunters that hunt the same exact way.  It’s always you few that never put up any harvests that have an issue when I put up an awesome harvest. Your colors never change. Now let’s get at that quote your going to show where I was demeaning of the way any other hunters choose to hunt. 

Edited by Four Seasons

18 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

I guess you can bow to the 1000’s of us that do not get out jollies from killing a dumbest deer in the woods and like to challenge ourselves with the best.                        We still have those like you and Wolc that are still at that level with the dumbest in the woods.  Enjoy that and enjoy looking at the pictures of the top bucks the other level continues to show you. Don’t feel bad though. Not everyone has what it takes. 

So you don't find that demeaning in any way??  Come on, dude.  This is just one example from this thread.  You've been calling out people like Wolc, Grampy and others forever around here.  It's one thing calling people out about politics, their quirks or BS like that, I've done that many times myself, but it's another when you call them out about their hunting skills or how you don't think they have any.  Where is it written that one needs to continuously show proof of their hunting prowess to participate on this forum??  You can carry on, however, I've wasted enough of my time with you here already.  You obviously see only what you want to see.

7 minutes ago, steve863 said:

So you don't find that demeaning in any way??  Come on, dude.  This is just one example from this thread.  You've been calling out people like Wolc, Grampy and others forever around here.  It's one thing calling people out about politics, their quirks or BS like that, I've done that many times myself, but it's another when you call them out about their hunting skills or how you don't think they have any.  Where is it written that one needs to continuously show proof of their hunting prowess to participate on this forum??  You can carry on, however, I've wasted enough of my time with you here already.  You obviously see only what you want to see.

Oh I see.  So you can downgrade a guy that hunts for the top class animals that takes the best of skills  but it’s wrong to bring in the other side that choose to shoot some of the lowest class animals in the woods that takes very little skills.  I love your rose colored glasses.   The fact is that there are both sides in hunting which is fine. But guys like you only call out the ones that choose to sit in the top class. I see. 

On 1/23/2024 at 9:37 AM, Four Seasons said:

True Words. But one will never feel what the word Hunting” really means until one finds, scouts, learns and hunts down one single mature whitetail buck one on one and go until they kill that one buck or bust. One will never know that feeling until it’s been earned. Not an easy task 99.9% of the time. 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:03 PM, Four Seasons said:

You see the funny thing is that we do the same exact thing. You don’t think we take kids and grandkids hunting?  You don’t think we kill does and they kill any buck they choose?  The fact is is that you or anyone else will know that feeling of accomplishment until one does it. Tracking a mature buck one on one and shoot him in its bed or coming out of that bed in the Adirondack snow would be the same exact feeling. We all get the enjoyment of the woods and all that goes with it. It’s just that some of us…That can do it…up our game and get a whole lot more then just sitting in the woods and waiting for the first legal deer to walk by. After harvesting 100’s of Whitetails there it makes a huge difference.   Very few have what it takes to harvest a mature whitetail from start to finish but those same few get all the enjoyment you get and a whole level more. 

On 1/23/2024 at 6:23 PM, Four Seasons said:

Just as you say. Hunters will hunt their way. And for some their way is the superior way. If you think hunting is to go sit in the woods and shoot any deer that walks by then you have no clue to what real hunting can be. Your happy to wait for Any deer while other choose to find one deer…. Which is a mature deer not so much a big antlered deer and that deer is in fact superior to the little spike or four pointer you are happy to take. That’s just a 100% fact. You hunt animals as a whole and other hunt animals one on one. And yes to be successful at that to any degree makes the Hunter just a superior as the animal they are pursuing. A mature whitetail buck is superior to all other Whitetails in so many ways.   And you throw my name in there yourself for your own reasons because if you were to pay attention to the post started the guy that killed that awesome buck hunts the same exact way.  I guess he is superior also. 

19 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Oh I see.  So you can downgrade a guy that hunts for the top class animals that takes the best of skills  but it’s wrong to bring in the other side that choose to shoot some of the lowest class animals in the woods that takes very little skills.  I love your rose colored glasses.   The fact is that there are both sides in hunting which is fine. But guys like you only call out the ones that choose to sit in the top class. I see. 

Perhaps you should not cast the first, second or third stone if you do not like to get called out for calling people out. 

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Perhaps you should not cast the first, second or third stone if you do not like to get called out for calling people out. 

Calling people out.  Let me ask you almighty. Have you ever located and hunted a top buck in your area and hunted that animal only until harvest or bust??  If not you have no clue on that feeling. Just as my statements say. That’s not calling any hunters out or throwing any kind of stones on their way of hunting. That’s states fact that they have no idea what it feels like to really hunt AN animal and not sit and wait for ANY animal. That’s 100% fact.  

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

Calling people out.  Let me ask you almighty. Have you ever located and hunted a top buck in your area and hunted that animal only until harvest or bust??  If not you have no clue on that feeling. Just as my statements say. That’s not calling any hunters out or throwing any kind of stones on their way of hunting. That’s states fact that they have no idea what it feels like to really hunt AN animal and not sit and wait for ANY animal. That’s 100% fact.  

I am definitely not the almighty and I am pretty sure I have let that be known over the years. I am in the camp that hunting means a lot more to me than chasing a big buck. I have no problem with the way you or anyone else hunt's. This all started when you called big buck hunters superior and the only true hunters hunting to the definition of hunting. Keep in mind that's your definition of hunting. 

And not that it matters but yes I have. I have two bucks on the wall. One is 130" that was dumb luck. Right place right time on opening day of the rifle season. Buck number 2 is 126" and I had him on camera before the season. Laid eyes on him twice during bow so I knew where he was hanging out and was pretty sure I knew exactly where he was bedding down at night. I changed the way I entered the woods that year so I wouldn't drag my scent across his travel route. Finally on Thanksgiving it all paid off when around 11am he got out of his bed and came in front of me at 60 yards. 

Both those deer are my number 3 and 4 favorite bucks I have killed. My number 1 and number 2 deer are much much smaller. The first is a tiny 6 pointer that I shot when my daughter was in the stand with me. I believe she was 9 years old at the time and it was her 5th year sitting in a stand with me. My second favorite deer is a tiny fork that was my first bow kill after bow hunting for 3 seasons without being successful. 

To this day I still have no great desire to only hunt big bucks. It's not my thing it's not the reason I hunt but according to you I am an inferior hunter. 

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I am definitely not the almighty and I am pretty sure I have let that be known over the years. I am in the camp that hunting means a lot more to me than chasing a big buck. I have no problem with the way you or anyone else hunt's. This all started when you called big buck hunters superior and the only true hunters hunting to the definition of hunting. Keep in mind that's your definition of hunting. 

And not that it matters but yes I have. I have two bucks on the wall. One is 130" that was dumb luck. Right place right time on opening day of the rifle season. Buck number 2 is 126" and I had him on camera before the season. Laid eyes on him twice during bow so I knew where he was hanging out and was pretty sure I knew exactly where he was bedding down at night. I changed the way I entered the woods that year so I wouldn't drag my scent across his travel route. Finally on Thanksgiving it all paid off when around 11am he got out of his bed and came in front of me at 60 yards. 

Both those deer are my number 3 and 4 favorite bucks I have killed. My number 1 and number 2 deer are much much smaller. The first is a tiny 6 pointer that I shot when my daughter was in the stand with me. I believe she was 9 years old at the time and it was her 5th year sitting in a stand with me. My second favorite deer is a tiny fork that was my first bow kill after bow hunting for 3 seasons without being successful. 

To this day I still have no great desire to only hunt big bucks. It's not my thing it's not the reason I hunt but according to you I am an inferior hunter. 

Inferior nothing. That was never said. And the fact is the ultimate hunt is taking down one of the world top game animals one on one on it’s own turf and accepting nothing less. Just what I implied and just what is 100% Fact.   
myself and many others will only accept that challenge.  

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Inferior nothing. That was never said. And the fact is the ultimate hunt is taking down one of the world top game animals one on one on it’s own turf and accepting nothing less. Just what I implied and just what is 100% Fact.   
myself and many others will only accept that challenge.  

You are correct you never once said the word inferior. I don't know how else to say it but when someone besides yourself reads your posts in this thread its very obvious that your take on hunting is going one on one with the biggest most mature buck in the woods and that style of hunting is superior to any other style of hunting. 

You heavily implied if not out right said that your style of hunting is superior to any other style of hunting that anyone does. Other members disagreed with you and you doubled down with your method your style of hunting is superior and anyone else that does not do it to your definition is not hunting. 

The opposite of superior is inferior. So the assumption is if you say your style is superior and essentially the only true form of hunting then we the rest of the forum members are left to conclude that our way of hunting which is not your way of hunting is inferior. 

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

I will say that the constant and incessant bragging and putting down those that hunt differently than you do, gets pretty damned disgusting in a real short time. But you know that and still keep on doing it anyway. I don't think that anyone is telling you that your attitudes toward hunting are wrong, so who here needs to hear you constantly blathering about how great you are and how all others are all doing it all wrong. I don't know how this can be news to you, but that is not for you to say.

That all fits in with my earlier comments about how these kinds of comments are part of what is driving our numbers down. Nobody needs to hear that kind of crap all the time from anybody. It seems weird that anybody has to point that out to you. I think you have to be intelligent enough to understand how those kinds of comments can get pretty incendiary in a hurry. I have to wonder what kind of a personality has to keep trying so hard to impress people. You hunt the way you want, and nobody really cares. It's just common decency to spare us all the bragging comments and put-downs for those that have different hunting goals than you have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I will say that the constant and incessant bragging and putting down those that hunt differently than you do, gets pretty damned disgusting in a real short time. But you know that and still keep on doing it anyway. I don't think that anyone is telling you that your attitudes toward hunting are wrong, so who here needs to hear you constantly blathering about how great you are and how all others are all doing it all wrong. I don't know how this can be news to you, but that is not for you to say.

That all fits in with my earlier comments about how these kinds of comments are part of what is driving our numbers down. Nobody needs to hear that kind of crap all the time from anybody. It seems weird that anybody has to point that out to you. I think you have to be intelligent enough to understand how those kinds of comments can get pretty incendiary in a hurry. I have to wonder what kind of a personality has to keep trying so hard to impress people. You hunt the way you want, and nobody really cares. It's just common decency to spare us all the bragging comments and put-downs for those that have different hunting goals than you have.

Again. You had your chance  before. Show where there is any bragging involved?  It’s fact , it happens every time I harvest an animal because I refuse to shoot inferior animals. Fact. Just like the guy this post was started about. He and I are no different except he is not on this forum. You have an opinion on something you have admitted to never doing. That’s epic. There is no bragging and there has been no knocking of the way others hunt. And if you think there is not more  involved in taking only mature animals compared to just filling a buck tag because you have one then that’s on you. It’s all a choice and no need to impress. That’s on others.  I know I’m impressed by the guy that yearly tracks and harvests mature bucks In the Adirondacks like clockwork . And we choose to go after the best of the best after already taking all the others the last 50 years. And if you don’t think more hunters are not looking to Improve their hunting and their size of animals harvested you need to get out more.   More hunters, even new hunters are more eager to harvest top of the class animals compared to the bottom. Look around you. Do you see many harvest pics online of spikes and fours? Didn’t think so and that was their choice. 

40 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

You are correct you never once said the word inferior. I don't know how else to say it but when someone besides yourself reads your posts in this thread its very obvious that your take on hunting is going one on one with the biggest most mature buck in the woods and that style of hunting is superior to any other style of hunting. 

You heavily implied if not out right said that your style of hunting is superior to any other style of hunting that anyone does. Other members disagreed with you and you doubled down with your method your style of hunting is superior and anyone else that does not do it to your definition is not hunting. 

The opposite of superior is inferior. So the assumption is if you say your style is superior and essentially the only true form of hunting then we the rest of the forum members are left to conclude that our way of hunting which is not your way of hunting is inferior. 

Well let’s put it this way.  The day you try to do it and either succeed or get you ass handed to ya you come back and let us know. All forms of hunting are the same and everyone gets the same enjoyment as the others involved until it comes to the harvest. And if you think it takes the same skill, mindset or any other word you want to throw In there to hunt single mature bucks compared to sitting on a field shooting the first spike that walks out then there is a whole lot about hunting you have no clue about. Some like to take the word Hunt to the top level and not just go out and Harvest an animal.  There is a huge difference.