Remy 7600. Any feed back?

eagle rider

Guys I need your thoughts here, my son just estimated a job. Guy wants to improve the price by battering a 7600 in 308. I have no experience with these. The rifle looks to be super clean (new and unfired). Anyone know anything about these? Are they accurate? Do they function well. Gun has no glass and one clip. He just got a text from the homeowner offering this. What are your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your sons estimate on the job?if its around 350 or less then yea its a ok deal.The 7600's I have had have been great.I have had 2 both in 30-06.One was a carbine(hated it because it was so loud) and my current which is great.Shoots around 1.25 at 100 with regular old 180 grain Win silver-tips.I bought mine for 450 with a Leupold scope and ring and 4 boxes of ammo.It was perfect except for the forearm had a few dings from the PO used a aftermarket magazine and it hit as you pumped the rifle.I think that rifle in a 308 would be a perfect NY deer killer,light recoil and enough range for whatever I would need to do.

Hard to say how he's making out without knowing more about the transaction but what I will tell you is the 7600 if a great gun... for the right hunter.

I used one for many years as a walking/driving gun. Mine is very accurate for the hunting that I did with it. Quick to the shoulder and quick to cycle. With that being said I wouldn't use it as a stand gun to watch over a giant gully and make a 300 yard shot with. All in all mine was rugged and dependable and thats what I needed.

Read some reviews online and I'm sure you'll get alot more info from that.

It's a fair deal and the 7600 is a good rifle.  Chambered in .308 is also a good option.  If the rifle is like new, it's worth $400.  

Be advised, if you want to put a scope on it, it's VERY important to put Loc-Tite on the scope base screws when you screw them into the receiver.  If you don't, the base screws will loosen after some shooting.  The receiver on these pump guns, as well as the semi-auto Remingtons, isn't very thick metal and bases are know to come loose without Loc-Tite.

I am interested in where to buy a 7600 for 400. Brand new they are selling for 700-800 from what I can find.

I have hunted with a 7600 06 carbine for 9 seasons now. I love my rifle. They are not for everyone, they are for me and my style of hunting. Never had a jamb, quick follow up shots, shot 2 bucks over 200 yards. If your son wants the cash ill give him 400 for a brand new 7600 308 all day long.

Edited by pawlenker8

I would say its a good deal, if the rifle is in like new condition.  You can't touch those for much less than $700 NIB now days.  They are a great shooting rifle.  I have the 7400 30-06 carbine and had the 7600 .270 with 22" barrel.  I got the 7400 for $300 from a guy who worked at Remington and got the 7600 for $450 from the same guy.  This was 14 years ago.  Both were used and in excellent condition.  I would see no issue asking around $600 for that gun. 

I am interested in where to buy a 7600 for 400. Brand new they are selling for 700-800 from what I can find.

I have hunted with a 7600 06 carbine for 9 seasons now. I love my rifle. They are not for everyone, they are for me and my style of hunting. Never had a jamb, quick follow up shots, shot 2 bucks over 200 yards. If your son wants the cash ill give him 400 for a brand new 7600 308 all day long.

If you go to gunbroker.com you can find them in excellent condition for $400 or so.  Local boys sell them for about $400 all the time.  New In Box Synthetic Stock 7600 guns sell for $600 now.

Here's one for ya.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=449597100

• Like 1

my dad has an older 7600 woodsmaster in 30-06 with a wood stock he bought from woolworths.  it doesn't rattle and it'll drive tacks with cheap 150gr green box core-lokts.  many deer have died at 300 with that gun.  trigger sucks but you learn to deal with it.  newer ones with synthetic stock aren't as nice but it's a great gun especially for here in the northeast woods and ag.  it handles like lightening which is probably why the Benoit brothers liked it so much.

...oh ... $300-400 is definitely fair unless it's a lemon and doesn't shoot well.

Edited by dbHunterNY

I have hunted with a 7600 06 carbine for 9 seasons now. I love my rifle. They are not for everyone, they are for me and my style of hunting. Never had a jamb, quick follow up shots,

100% Agree, great rifles!

I had this gun in 30-06 from the time I was 15 to well into my thirties and killed well over a dozen deer with it, one at 300 yards, really loved that gun. 14 years ago I moved to a shotgun only area of upstate NY so I no longer had a use for it but boy I really miss that gun. If they ever expand the rifle area to the area that I hunt I will definitely purchase another one. I've seen them new for around $600 and in the local paper shop classifieds for around $400. If it was me and I could afford it I would definitely take that deal.

You other guys that are chiming in saying it is worth $400 and up have to remember that in a barter deal like this it has to benefit the contractor more than the customer because the contractor would be better off with the money and not dicking around trying to get even money for the gun.  It HAS to be a deal or its no deal.

Get it?

• Like 2

You other guys that are chiming in saying it is worth $400 and up have to remember that in a barter deal like this it has to benefit the contractor more than the customer because the contractor would be better off with the money and not dicking around trying to get even money for the gun.  It HAS to be a deal or its no deal.

Get it?

I agree, I would take that as meaning the guy is tight on money and looking to save some by offering something else...if he wants $400 tell him you'll knock $250 off the price or no deal...gotta ask yourself what's more important, if you're starving for another gun go for what he's asking if not, the ball is in your court so play it accordingly.

• Like 1

Okay, update, my son agreed to the cash and 7600 payment deal.  He asked me to look into a scope for him. He likes my Vortex Crossfire II and wants that scope, the only question is do I advise him on the 3-9x40 or the 2-7x35.  He hunts with me, so he'll likely never shoot out beyond 100 yds, maybe 150 tops.  Thoughts?

I have the 7600 and the 3-9 crossfire with the electra dot.I really like the setup.Great eye relief and for the money there isnt any better with that warranty.He will love that whole setup!!! He will be good out past 200 with that setup as long as he finds ammo that the gun shoots.My 06 shoots anything I have put through it but likes the winchester silvertips best so far

• Like 1