Squirrels On The Menu

Season is coming up in a few days, the population around here seems to be pretty good. After getting some mowing done this morning I will be checking zero on a couple of my 22s today so I will be ready.:good:

Al

• Like 4

I definitely will be going after the squirrels in our area. They stripped every pear off my two pear trees. I want revenge.

By the way, my wife asked a question about what the squirrels did with all those pears. Do they try to store them like nuts? It seems that that would not really work out all that well. On the other hand if they ate all that they took off my trees, they would be laying on their backs with their bellies about to explode. By the way, I know it was squirrels because I saw them doing it.

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

I definitely will be going after the squirrels in our area. They stripped every pear off my two pear trees. I want revenge.

By the way, my wife asked a question about what the squirrels did with all those pears. Do they try to store them like nuts? It seems that that would not really work out all that well. On the other hand if they ate all that they took off my trees, they would be laying on their backs with their bellies about to explode. By the way, I know it was squirrels because I saw them doing it.

My dogs eat the plums off my tree as far  as they can reach! I don't have any Grey squirrels by my house but the Reds are all over. Those get too close to the house and they get popped. They ate right through my wood siding and had babies in my attic one year. What a pain.  

• 3 weeks later...

Tested the 541 with three different brands of ammo high and standard velocity and everything grouping great. That is one thing I love about this 541S, it is not real picky with ammo like some rifles I have. When the leaves come down so I can see something I will be ready.

Al

2024-09-12_151504.png

Squirrel number one, The season is long so I will only take one per day, this guy instead of being eaten he will be going into the freezer intact and will be used as a training aid for my young Airedale "Ruff". When I am done he will be able to associate those Squirrel tracks he finds in the woods with what is actually making them. I always try to use real animals when training instead of bottled scents.

Al

2024-09-14_140519.png

• Like 2