No idea why someone would do this.

So I did my rounds at the six camera's we have out. The one closest to the road had a few ears of corn thrown out in front of the camera. They were broken in half

husk off of them. My corn field is on the other side of the road about 100 yards away. Animal didn't do it because the break was clean.  The prior lease guys were not happy when we took over. That is my only suspect but its been over a year now. Thoughts??? 

9 minutes ago, First-light said:

So I did my rounds at the six camera's we have out. The one closest to the road had a few ears of corn thrown out in front of the camera. They were broken in half

husk off of them. My corn field is on the other side of the road about 100 yards away. Animal didn't do it because the break was clean.  The prior lease guys were not happy when we took over. That is my only suspect but its been over a year now. Thoughts??? 

They might be trying to set you up with the DEC. Possibly thrown the corn in front of the camera and took pictures of it and reporting you. Set up an additional camera to observe the one having the corn thrown by it. They obviously know the camera is there but one at another angle might get them on camera. 

I'll admit I'm a bit paranoid at times but My experience is if it smells like sh*t it's probably sh*t...

• Like 3

My thoughts without seeing it.....Could be someone looking for sweet corn and discovered it was field corn.

This is also the time of year the coon start hitting the corn pretty hard. they climb the stalks till they bend over and then pull the ears off. Quite often they only eat part of an ear and go on to the next.

They typically work the edges closest to a woods and can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time.