4W Hancock

Steve936

Went to check my stand and maybe do some clearing of my lanes for next week. I jumped 4 large doe as I walked in. I cut a few things and cleaned up the area a bit. Found 2 fresh scrapes within 50 yards of the stand!! I could tell they were recent because there were no blow down leaves in the fresh dirt of the scrape.  Afterwards I climbed into the stand just to sit for a bit and rest, see if anything came by...It was chilly and snowing...

Within 25 minutes of cutting my last branch, the 4 doe returned, but kept moving passed me. 2 minutes later a small 6pt came trotting through nose to ground on the same trail as the doe and then a smaller prong-fork followed through behind him...

I ran back to camp to grab the cross-bow and gear and sat the rest of the afternoon....no action for the rest of the day.

Edited by Steve936

Holy crap, I thought nobody knew where Lordville was. We have a camp on Bouchville Road,( bottom of Lordville road then take a left) Was just down there Saturday to clean up for next week. Didn't walk the ridges as not to disturb anything. Great little place out in the "boonies".

Any of you Lordville guys go to the Equinunk Firemans turkey party? If not, check it out sometime. $1 for all the beer you can drink, free food, and $1 per hand of poker to win chickens and raffle tickets for Turkey's. Great fund raiser and a good time. Go across bridge into PA from Lordville and got to stop sign. Take a left, then a quick right and firehouse is right there. Good luck out there.

Predate, some of the locals def give off a deliverance vibe that's for sure. Main section of town near the bridge is bizzarro. Have you hunted the area? What are your thoughts or experiences there? I am actually debating building a house on my 5 acres (just found out septic will cost $10,000) or if it makes more sense to just buy a already established place. Septic seems extremely high.

Hey 4W Hancock, I hunt 4O in Masonville/Sidney Center thanks for the info. I have family and friends in Basin Clove and the surrounding areas.

Very cool to see another Masonville/Sidney Center guy in here I live on 206 In Masonville. Good luck this year..

Predate, some of the locals def give off a deliverance vibe that's for sure. Main section of town near the bridge is bizzarro. Have you hunted the area? What are your thoughts or experiences there? I am actually debating building a house on my 5 acres (just found out septic will cost $10,000) or if it makes more sense to just buy a already established place. Septic seems extremely high.

Nah I never hunted there, but I do hunt between Hancock and Deposit. I'm sure Lordville isn't that bad of a place

Zemmer when is/was that Turkey party? Sounds like a good time. Where on bouxchville rd are you? The town maintained part or at the end where it's barely drivable due to flooding?

Think it is 3rd weekend of season. I'll check with my FIL and let you know. It is on a Friday night so we drive down, eat there, then go to cabin across the bridge. We are right on the 1st hair  pin turn (black gate) across from yellow house and barn that is falling apart or down I should say. I see the barn fell this past year.

Nah I never hunted there, but I do hunt between Hancock and Deposit. I'm sure Lordville isn't that bad of a place

Obviously you haven't spent a lot of time in Lordville then, LOL. There are definitely some characters out there. I couldn't handle being that far out though. Somewhere in between would be better.

Eagle - hey neighbor. If you go through the back of our property, there is an old grown over road that used to go to the French Woods.

By the way all, that turkey party is the Friday after Black Friday. It will always be the first Friday after the PA Monday deer opener. I'll be wearing my red and white Cabelas hat so come up and say Hi if you go.

• Like 1