A tree stand I got off Craigslist for 40 bucks

ronschaniel

Hell, I guess I will try this here,  I bought this ladder stand off craigs list 2 years ago, and I cant find any info on it, here is a pic of it apart, my question is, It has TWO (2) support bars, and I cant figure out how they get set up? any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Ron

post-5662-0-31927400-1415622613_thumb.jp

The top and middle sections has the spots for the stabilizer bars to mount to?  It all came together, so I assume the 2 bars go to it since it has 2 mounting spots,  One bar goes straight from ladder to tree like most, but the other bar goes and a big angle, don't know if it goes up or down, or in the top mount or the bottom mount? it is a Pain it he But  setting it up, you get one bar tight then the other one drops?

Looks like the one I have made by Remington. One support gets attached 1/3 or so up the ladder and angles upward to tree. The 2nd support bar gets attached around the upper 1/3 of ladder and angles downward to tree. The supports end up fairly close together where they attach to the tree. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Some of you are not understanding what I am asking.  OK the stand is a 15" to platform stand, including  the top ladder section connected to the platform there is 5 sections OK from Top section to Bottom the second one down has the Mount for a Support bar, the fourth one down ALSO has a spot to ALSO MOUNT a SUPPORT BAR, totaling 2 complete adjustable support bars.  I never tie them to the tree, I use ratchet straps to hold the bar and ladder tight to the tree instead!  One of the adjustable support bars is straight, the other one has a curved bar on it making it mount then angle up or down what ever way you mount it. I need to find out which way to mount the curved one, Or better yet , find out the manufacturer name and see if there is a manual on their web site?

Edited by ronschaniel

I don't think so, he mentioned that both are angled? Mine are one angled and one straight! ??

But it would still make sense that they attach to the tree at the same location. if one was level and the other sloped up or down are they long enough? I have never seen one of that height use two braces but it must need it if set up for it.

I would guess it's as i stated. When you put the ladder sections together it will make more sense. I didn't mean to infer that the bars themselves were angled, but the direction of the support bars is what i was saying. The loewr One pointing 45 or so degrees upward and the upper one pointing 45 or so degrees downward. If i was closer to mine I'd take a pic. Try Remington website?

on a 15' stand, you should only need one bar, but you can use 2. However you want to attach them should work fine. Id say if you want to use both, put one around the bottom or center of the 2nd section up, then put the other one up near the top.

In reality, the guy probably gave you an extra bar by mistake.