Why People Hate Hunters

Curmudgeon

The dedicated, hardcore guys are a small group. There are power in numbers, you arent stupid, you know it. Unless you want our sport completely under the control of government bureaucrats that know nothing of the sport to begin with, then we need numbers to strengthen our voice. You arent talking a little respect and appreciation, you bash anyone that doesnt hunt the way you do, even if its withing the limits of the law and regulations. You look down your nose at the majority of our ranks with comments like "gun hunters...". You need those guys for funding of the DEC, Pittman Robertson, etc etc etc.

now you know me... good lord man, your hardon for how you think I feel and who you think I am amazes me. Total generalizations on your part.

I look down on the majority of us? Please explain.

I bash anyone who doesn't hunt like I do? Provide one example.

My comment "gun hunters" was pretty broad and not specific. I think through numerous posts I clarified my stance, and I stick with it. I do not disagree with strength in numbers, but if those numbers are full of people giving us a bad name then I'd rather be a small group. If a hunter "quits the sport" because he's criticized for talking like that over the radio or shooting unsafely or any other various reasons than good. I'm glad he quit.

now you know me... good lord man, your hardon for how you think I feel and who you think I am amazes me. Total generalizations on your part.

I look down on the majority of us? Please explain.

I bash anyone who doesn't hunt like I do? Provide one example.

My comment "gun hunters" was pretty broad and not specific. I think through numerous posts I clarified my stance, and I stick with it. I do not disagree with strength in numbers, but if those numbers are full of people giving us a bad name then I'd rather be a small group. If a hunter "quits the sport" because he's criticized for talking like that over the radio or shooting unsafely or any other various reasons than good. I'm glad he quit.

You look down on "gun hunters...", and the less dedicated weekend guys, aka the majority of the hunting population.

I could provide plenty of examples of you bashing those that dont hunt like you. Should I link a few crossbow threads? How about THIS thread for crying out loud?

I did not say anything about a hunter quitting for the reasons of being unsafe or anything like that. Im talking about the Im better than you because you dont hunt like I do (scent control, tons of time in the woods, etc) attitude that they are given by some, turning them off of the sport. Ive seen it happen.

You look down on "gun hunters...", and the less dedicated weekend guys, aka the majority of the hunting population.

I could provide plenty of examples of you bashing those that dont hunt like you. Should I link a few crossbow threads? How about THIS thread for crying out loud?

I did not say anything about a hunter quitting for the reasons of being unsafe or anything like that. Im talking about the Im better than you because you dont hunt like I do (scent control, tons of time in the woods, etc) attitude that they are given by some, turning them off of the sport. Ive seen it happen.

the crossbow issue was something i am not and was not in favor of. what i don't like is that people don't put in a lot of time and effort and then they bitch about their lack of success. There's at least a dozen active threads about people complaining they didn't see any deer or never see any big deer. Some of them might be the same guys who don't believe in scent control, or don't spend a minute in the woods in the offseason. Guess what? this sport is hard. It's a challenge. that's the amazing reward part that we all love. So yes, I do get annoyed when the hunter who does not put in the effort wants a crossbow to make it easier, or legalize baiting or is vehemently against ARs. You may call this elitist, I do not. Why does the sport have to change? When did it become broken? Why must we alter to accommodate those less willing to put in work?

I have a full time job taking at least 50 hours a week. A 2 year old and another due the end of January. I live 16 hours from any family. Guess what that does to my hunting time? But you don't here me bitching that they should make it easier for me.

the crossbow issue was something i am not and was not in favor of. what i don't like is that people don't put in a lot of time and effort and then they bitch about their lack of success. There's at least a dozen active threads about people complaining they didn't see any deer or never see any big deer. Some of them might be the same guys who don't believe in scent control, or don't spend a minute in the woods in the offseason. Guess what? this sport is hard. It's a challenge. that's the amazing reward part that we all love. So yes, I do get annoyed when the hunter who does not put in the effort wants a crossbow to make it easier, or legalize baiting or is vehemently against ARs. You may call this elitist, I do not. Why does the sport have to change? When did it become broken? Why must we alter to accommodate those less willing to put in work?

I have a full time job taking at least 50 hours a week. A 2 year old and another due the end of January. I live 16 hours from any family. Guess what that does to my hunting time? But you don't here me bitching that they should make it easier for me.

this thread is titled "why people hate hunters", the general non hunting public could care less about anything you're mentioning and probably have no clue what you're talking about......those are reason's why YOU hate other hunters, and that's fine, but it certainly has nothing to do with why people hate hunters.

• Like 1

. So yes, I do get annoyed when the hunter who does not put in the effort wants a crossbow to make it easier, or legalize baiting or is vehemently against ARs. You may call this elitist, I do not. Why does the sport have to change? When did it become broken? Why must we alter to accommodate those less willing to put in work?

Well if that isn't the definition of hypocrisy. Don't change it unless it is a change that I want. Let's be honest, The majority that are in favor of them are not interested in heard management or a more balanced age structure. They want an easier time of it to go shoot a buck that they can brag about.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

Belo ----- We used to get that a lot on my sister in laws property . A guy would be trespassing and when confronted would state that he had hit a deer and was tracking it . I would tell him that the property is posted , he is tresspassing and no deer came through plus he was messing up my hunt . A lot of hunters are trespassing liars . some would say , Oh , I thought I was on so and so's property and I would ask , "did you see his name on the posted signs" ?

I have a full time job taking at least 50 hours a week. A 2 year old and another due the end of January. I live 16 hours from any family. Guess what that does to my hunting time? But you don't here me bitching that they should make it easier fo

In a sense yes you are.  You want everyone to be just like you because that is the only way to be. And of everyone was just like you, then it would be easier.   And because you choose not to use things that would make it easier, it is just that a choice.  Plus you do make it easier for yourself when you bend the rules a bit to suit yourself.  

• Like 1

Wait, you are pro-AR and asking why the sport has to change? Contradict yourself much?

Its fine to hold certain values to yourself, but when you start brow beating others because they dont do it your way, or looking down your nose at them, thats when the Elitist label becomes appropriate.