Tag Soup

GreeneHunter

I'm joining you at burger king. I'm fed up, disgusted with this "hobby". Too many days in to count.

And I see 6 doe driving home tonight at 4:30pm. (last minute of rifle season) I legally had tags for 3 of them. I could have stopped the car, loaded my rifle, and shot them. The only problem is I would have been trespassing. Otherwise, I don't think it would have been illegal to stop, load, and shoot. The land wasn't posted either. It was a cut farm field off exit 119. 3M, all the does are yarded up, and not spooked any more.

Since I cannot head back out for muzz season next week due to work/family obligations my tag soup recipe is as follows:

Boil a pot of water

Add a bulion cube

Tear off all unused bow/reg season tags

Cut the tags in small confetti like sizes

Stir them into the boiling water slowly

Add hot pepper to taste

Let simmer for 15 mins

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I was out this AM. Froze my nono's off. Got in about 7 ( late ), and at 8 I was done. I was shivering bad and knew I would never draw my bow and make a good shot. I really wanted to sit till 9 and then head to my DR. appointment.

I am not making tag soup. I will make tag fillet mignon. I have seen deer, and that keeps me going. Dr. sent me for a few tests again. Told me no strenuous activities for two weeks. What ever. Deer season is almost over, so only weather getting in the way. I hate sitting with a bow when it's freezing cold and raining. It's just not fun then. But damn the world, I plan to still be out there until the deer season ends.

Then, I will get ready for Spring Turkey season.

If you get even a spare 2 hours, I would get in the woods. 

• Like 1

Go bag some pheasants and add to the pot to kill the paper taste.  That's what I am doing.  Got soaked Saturday,  the pheasant sat there staring at me while unloading slugs and load up shotshells.  At least I missed the large doe crossing the road at 4:50 in front of the car on the way home.

May need to take dad up on his offer of his muzzle-loader for next year, he hasn't used it in a few years.  Have to check what caliber it is since he is in a different state.  Then I need learn how to load it and add a sling - already has built-in swivels on it.