H &R 12g slug gun

Thanks guys I'm working the deal now will post pics if successful

I should clarify - I'd pause a second if it is the ultra light barrel. If the normal/heavy bull barrel, a good deal.

The lighter barrels have slightly more mixed reviews.

My H&R Ultra Slug with the bull barrel and thumbhole is my primary deer downer now...stupid accurate for a slug gun.

I should clarify - I'd pause a second if it is the ultra light barrel. If the normal/heavy bull barrel, a good deal.

The lighter barrels have slightly more mixed reviews.

My H&R Ultra Slug with the bull barrel and thumbhole is my primary deer downer now...stupid accurate for a slug gun.

Thanks I'll look at that never even asked

My dad has it in 20 gauge mag w/bull barrel.  Killed several deer over the past 4 to 5 years with it.  Only had 1 miss with it to date.  Scope set up to 130 or 140 yards.  He hunts mainly from fixed stands.

He retired his 12 gauge semi since buying this one.

I bought the same gun, without the scope at Dicks for $218 and put a Bonecollector 3X9 on her and took 2 deer with 2 shots this season, without a doubt one of the best slug guns on the market. I have her sighted in at 100 yards, something I wouldn't dream of doing with any of my other shotguns!

I bought the same gun, without the scope at Dicks for $218 and put a Bonecollector 3X9 on her and took 2 deer with 2 shots this season, without a doubt one of the best slug guns on the market. I have her sighted in at 100 yards, something I wouldn't dream of doing with any of my other shotguns!

I'm hoping to get out a lil farther than that I'd like to be around 150 yd zero if I can get good groupings my pump 500 with rifled barrel will do it so I'm sure I can get the range outta it just gotta throw some lead to see where she's at and go from there....hopefully be able to maximize these new loads they are comming out with and really put some range out with a 12g....

I'll assume it's already sighted in to the point that it's on paper.......get yourself one box each of whatever brand slugs you are considering and shoot only for groups at this point, after you choose the brand get some more and dial it in. I made the mistake of buying too many of a brand that shot like crap.

Yea I'll start wit sst as I shoot them in my mossy too with great results....it should be on paper I'd imagine said he killed 2 deer with it. Said he kept it at 100 yards but I'd like more. Hopefully the sst run good I like what they do to deer. So hopefully I can get 150-200 yard groups outta it for my sitting days which I'll admit arnt much.