22 mag gun choice

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, A friend traveled south and was able to get some .22 mag ammo for me. Now, i will set my old Mossberg Chuckster up with a modern scope and start using it again. I couldn't even hazard a guess how many woodchucks have fallen to this gun between when my father was alive and since I have had it.  

Finally, A friend traveled south and was able to get some .22 mag ammo for me. Now, i will set my old Mossberg Chuckster up with a modern scope and start using it again. I couldn't even hazard a guess how many woodchucks have fallen to this gun between when my father was alive and since I have had it.  

The south doesn't seem to have the 22 ammo problem that we have. The gun now remains un-fired because I cant find ammo, nor can I order it online when I see it for sale. Enjoy your chuck hunting. 

The south doesn't seem to have the 22 ammo problem that we have. The gun now remains un-fired because I cant find ammo, nor can I order it online when I see it for sale. Enjoy your chuck hunting. 

that's the biggest problem that really isn't with any other state.  we can't order ammo online where others can.  are local supply is hit hard for anything 22 rimfire LR or mag because we can't get it anywhere else unless you're traveling.  just at Dick's Sporting Goods and they had plenty of 17HMR but 22LR limited and 22mag was nonexistent. 

that's the biggest problem that really isn't with any other state.  we can't order ammo online where others can.  are local supply is hit hard for anything 22 rimfire LR or mag because we can't get it anywhere else unless you're traveling.  just at Dick's Sporting Goods and they had plenty of 17HMR but 22LR limited and 22mag was nonexistent. 

From what ive seen, most 22 lr and 22 mag ammo seems to be sold out online as well. I haven't seen 22 mag in a long time but hopefully ill get a pack or two of it.