CVA Accura V2

Skillet

I just took some of my overtime $ and bought this muzzleloader. It's the exact one I've been wanting for awhile. I'm going from a Traditions Deerhunter (sidelock) to this, so I'm not sure what to expect, but I've heard good stuff about this gun. I have a lot of fun with my sidelock, but I wanted something to use all season, that could reach out farther than my smooth bore 20ga. I also bought it because they opened rifle in Ontario county where our camp is, & it was either buy a rifle or the ML. I can use the ML anywhere, so I think I got the best of both worlds. It came with a nice camo sling & I bought a camo Nikon coyote special 3 × 9 with stainless steel Weaver rings & base. I got it from Beikirch's in East Rochester. They mounted the scope & bore sighted it too. Those guys are great, I won't go anywhere else.

post-1188-0-65610200-1424448872_thumb.jp

post-1188-0-63070600-1424448950_thumb.jp

post-1188-0-52378700-1424448996_thumb.jp

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 5

you'll  see it's a big setup in the ML world.  make sure you clean it often if using most blackpowder substitutes out there like triple7.  loose powder isn't as convenient as pellets but accuracy is crazy from these modern muzzleloaders.  you should look for blackhorn209 powder and not look back.  it's much less corrosive.  use the small load tubes to keep premeasured powder charges with you to reload.  when you do that you can get accuracy equal to a damn good shooting rifle.  200+ yard shots can be the norm.  I can hit the steel gong at 300 yards with my prohunter ML.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...