Pulled my 2 cameras from Walworth

fasteddie

With the deep snow it took well over an hour to do what would normally take less than 15 minutes . Almost had to pull my knees up to my chin to get through the snow . Batteries were still good even though the camera was put out in late December . Not much activity but had a Yote on the cam .

Pictures are from an inexpensive WildGame camera . The only thing I don't like about it is they only take single pictures !

post-132-0-22374800-1425748479_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-92244100-1425748495_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-63701500-1425748530_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Do you get much sign or pics of coyotes? We have land in West Walworth and many might find this surprising but we have very little to non existent coyote population. Sheep Farmer up the road has only had them over there a few times in the past.

I will be pulling a card this morning. Put a cam out on the single, hard- packed trail that runs by the house. It gets daily use. Be interesting to she how fat the deer are right now.

I use the wild game camera too. They are great for the price. My current models take multi pics and video and these cameras were the same price as the single pics a few years back.

Edited by Papist

I will be pulling a card this morning. Put a cam out on the single, hard- packed trail that runs by the house. It gets daily use. Be interesting to she how fat the deer are right now.

I use the wild game camera too. They are great for the price. My current models take multi pics and video and these cameras were the same price as the single pics a few years back.

What model WGI cams take multi pics of a trigger? The higher end crush cams?

Edited by phade

Do you get much sign or pics of coyotes? We have land in West Walworth and many might find this surprising but we have very little to non existent coyote population. Sheep Farmer up the road has only had them over there a few times in the past.

Jason -- That is the only picture of a Yote that I ever got on camera . I shot a young coyote on Lewis Road in Walworth a few years ago . Several folks in that area claim to hear the yotes howl at night . The pic that I posted was taken on County line road just north of Atlantic .

The sad part is ..... I had the camera there toward the end of December and only 11 pics of which 2 were me approaching the camera . Not much activity for that length of time . The pic with the deer ....it must have been within a couple feet of the camera .

Jason -- That is the only picture of a Yote that I ever got on camera . I shot a young coyote on Lewis Road in Walworth a few years ago . Several folks in that area claim to hear the yotes howl at night . The pic that I posted was taken on County line road just north of Atlantic .

The sad part is ..... I had the camera there toward the end of December and only 11 pics of which 2 were me approaching the camera . Not much activity for that length of time . The pic with the deer ....it must have been within a couple feet of the camera .

Many cameras stop working with the levels of cold we got in January and February. The alkalines are not going to fire cams consistently with high draw currents at around 5-10 degrees sustained or lower, and lithiums not much lower than that.

No, Have to check. Going out in a bit. Of the two I have, I think this is the one:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/wildgame-innovations-rage-6-infrared-trail-camera?a=1333115

Got it a Dicks for under 70

Most of the reviews I saw on this camera were 5 stars . Didn't see anything about it taking multiple pictures . One complaint was unless something was within 20 feet at night it didn't show anything as claimed by the 55 foot feature it is supposed to have .

The cheapie Wildgame I have doesn't shot the temperature .........so I don't know if it didn't trigger because of the freezing temps .

Many cameras stop working with the levels of cold we got in January and February. The alkalines are not going to fire cams consistently with high draw currents at around 5-10 degrees sustained or lower, and lithiums not much lower than that.

Must be the Moultrie MX 80 isn't affected too badly by the cold, but I tend to replace the batts if they get below 50%. It took quite a few pics last winter in the sub zero temps using basic AA Energizer's.  I do notice it will fail to fire when the batts get too low.

post-580-0-67302300-1426245839_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Must be the Moultrie MX 80 isn't affected too badly by the cold, but I tend to replace the batts if they get below 50%. It took quite a few pics last winter in the sub zero temps using basic AA Energizer's. I do notice it will fail to fire when the batts get too low.

It depends on the draw of the camera. It also explains alot of the cold temp pics you get are daylight. Alot of night pics go unknown.

Must be the Moultrie MX 80 isn't affected too badly by the cold, but I tend to replace the batts if they get below 50%. It took quite a few pics last winter in the sub zero temps using basic AA Energizer's.  I do notice it will fail to fire when the batts get too low.

The pic you posted is a bobcat in your area?

Edited by Lawdwaz

• 2 weeks later...

Are you near that piece of land that sold next to the power lines last year? My parents are off of Bills rd and live way back. The only place that anyone has seen a coyote is between Bills and cream ridge Rd~ that I know of. Crops were not planted off the adjoining property this year for the first time in decades so last year wasn't as productive as years past plus I was pretty selective. Soon as the season was over a dozen come passing threw every evening lol

Are you near that piece of land that sold next to the power lines last year? My parents are off of Bills rd and live way back. The only place that anyone has seen a coyote is between Bills and cream ridge Rd~ that I know of. Crops were not planted off the adjoining property this year for the first time in decades so last year wasn't as productive as years past plus I was pretty selective. Soon as the season was over a dozen come passing threw every evening lol

Jason - the picture I got of the yote was on County Line road just north of Atlantic Avenue . My friend bought the property and built a home there because there is is swamp there and he loves to duck hunt . It is adjacent to power lines also . I havn't shot a deer on that propery yet .