Unreal...

TreeGuy

um ya, no thanks. Private land or not. I'm not taking a chance of catching a load of copper plated 6's. I won't even use a jake or strutting tom decoy. It only takes one idiot in the woods to shoot someone else. And we all know there's a lot of idiots in the woods sadly

The fan version mounts to the gun.

If I am correct, the historical genesis for this is native american. They called it fanning, and I think it was the upper midwest or midwest where they would use this technique to catch the vision of gobblers from far away on the hilly/prairie land. I forget the show, but it was on TV 15 years ago and the hunter would do a show on the same reservation every year with the guides getting the toms to come in from astounding ranges with just one call series and then fanning.

I could see my single shot .410 being useful in this technique for a nice 15 yard shot and one hand it.

Edited by phade

Unsafe self important crap, by people more concerned with making a video than turkey hunting IMHO. How many birds got peppered, lost  or breast shot at 2 yards in the making of that way cool video?? Sorry ….Im sure its just me….

Unsafe self important crap, by people more concerned with making a video than turkey hunting IMHO. How many birds got peppered, lost  or breast shot at 2 yards in the making of that way cool video?? Sorry ….Im sure its just me….

while I'm not gonna rip a guy for trying something new and while it's gotta be pretty exciting , I kinda agree, I'm not a big fan of destroying or crippling a bird just for the sake of cool video footage....if in fact that's the usual end result, which it may very well not be.

Sorry ….Im sure its just me….

It's not. The guy that throws his gun (presumably with a live round chambered and safety off) after first trying to grab a gobbler and then missing it twice tells you all you need to know about the mentality of these individuals. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if they shot the birds at 20 yards, but this desire to nearly touch one with the barrel before pulling the trigger is just "look at me" showboating nonsense and is pretty clearly a great way to wound a lot of birds or destroy a lot of meat and that is just completely unacceptable.

Unsafe self important crap, by people more concerned with making a video than turkey hunting IMHO. How many birds got peppered, lost or breast shot at 2 yards in the making of that way cool video?? Sorry ….Im sure its just me….

I know of a bird, that was clean killed, on private land, and the hunter will have the memory on film, of the most exciting turkey hunt he's had to date. It's not just you, but it's definately not me.
  • Like 2

Got all the footage together, absolutely awesome. Just take my word that it's amazing and that I'm so glad I had two different cameras going to capture the hunt. I won't bother uploading here, since I'll just get bashed.... but it's awesome !!

• Like 1

. It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if they shot the birds at 20 yards, but this desire to nearly touch one with the barrel before pulling the trigger is just "look at me" showboating nonsense and is pretty clearly a great way to wound a lot of birds or destroy a lot of meat and that is just completely unacceptable.

But isn't that the draw that I hear so many voice for bow hunting?  Getting them as close as possible?  I would think a head/neck shot at that close of a range would minimize any meat damage and save the #5 between your molars while chewing. no?

Holy Cow! I now have another use for my new garden seat... A camo cover...fan mounted out front and I can roll myself across a field using my feet, chasing Tom's around...HAHAHA There's an image...just joking folks

Though now it could be good in a ground blind ..swivel seat and adjustable height...hhmmm ;)

• Like 2

But isn't that the draw that I hear so many voice for bow hunting? Getting them as close as possible? I would think a head/neck shot at that close of a range would minimize any meat damage and save the #5 between your molars while chewing. no?

Nope u want them at exactly 20 yards or don't shoot. Unethical showboating to shoot at any other range !

Holy Cow! I now have another use for my new garden seat... A camo cover...fan mounted out front and I can roll myself across a field using my feet, chasing Tom's around...HAHAHA There's an image...just joking folks

Though now it could be good in a ground blind ..swivel seat and adjustable height...hhmmm ;)

If u tried it and it worked.... just don't film it
  • Like 1