border patrol checkpoints

I understand. But from the view of the video she wasn't that close to the checkpoint, they walked to her as she asked for her lic. it seems. I know at that point they were close to road but not checkpoint.  

?

Plus it was two of them on her back, i don't understand why they tased  her.

His feelings were hurt that she wasn't intimidated by him

Edited by Paula
  • Like 3

Where would we be without smartphones?    More "clean" money might get added to our countries GNP, which includes proceeds from lawsuits.   That makes it easier to keep up with China and India where lawyers are fewer and further between.  Their money is mostly "dirty" over there, coming from actual manufacturing products which generates environmental pollution.  Luckily for her, there are lots of lawyers available here in NY to take cases like this.    Not a whole lot of folks going into engineering or manufacturing over here anymore.   Good luck to her and her law career.    

I understand. But from the view of the video she wasn't that close to the checkpoint, they walked to her as she asked for her lic. it seems. I know at that point they were close to road but not checkpoint.  

?

Plus it was two of them on her back, i don't understand why they tased  her.

His feelings were hurt that she wasn't intimidated by him

She wasn't that close to the check point but she was right at the road. Its a safety thing. You can't see the physical altercation but it sure seems like they were wrestling around with her pretty good. Rather than continue to wrestle around and around with her and risk her or the officers getting hurt, using the taser is totally appropriate. As far as the cop getting his feelings hurt??? Some might think so but I bet most think that this was just a nasty little b!(ch looking for a fight. Some of the very first words out of her mouth were "no I don't have to".  You knew where it was going from there. Hint..if a cop asks you to step back. Don't be a know it all idiot and say something like "no…what are you gonna do?" It won't go well.

Hope she shows this video at her lawsuit so they can laugh her out of court.

• Like 2

She is a young girl, if he isn't good enough to restrain her without the use of a tazer he doesn't deserve his job... I thought when we became adults we had certain freedoms... Imho, Too many people say just shut up an do what you are told... We are "free" Americans , not sheep... Although we are rapidly becoming used to becoming subservient.

• Like 5

She is a young girl, if he isn't good enough to restrain her without the use of a tazer he doesn't deserve his job... I thought when we became adults we had certain freedoms... Imho, Too many people say just shut up an do what you are told... We are "free" Americans , not sheep... Although we are rapidly becoming used to becoming subservient.

What???? When it come to the use of force, as it applies to Police, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But thats not your fault I guess. Im sure he could have physically restrained her, but at what cost? She was no doubt resisting.  If he had went full out and say broke her arm, trying to get the cuffs on her, you would say "why didn't he use the taser" and if she gouged out one of his eyes you would say he deserved it. Who ya kidding??  If after watching that video its not obvious to you what little Miss innocent was doing, and all you can do is bash the officers……….Your mind is made up.

• Like 2

……….Your mind is made up.

And yours isn't??

I am sure both officers are great people in their everyday life and they are doing the best they can with the training they're given..... It wouldn't have taken a brilliant person to have talked the situation down...Absolutely no excuse, imho, for it to have gone that far..

• Like 5

What???? When it come to the use of force, as it applies to Police, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But thats not your fault I guess. Im sure he could have physically restrained her, but at what cost? She was no doubt resisting.  If he had went full out and say broke her arm, trying to get the cuffs on her, you would say "why didn't he use the taser" and if she gouged out one of his eyes you would say he deserved it. Who ya kidding??  If after watching that video its not obvious to you what little Miss innocent was doing, and all you can do is bash the officers……….Your mind is made up.

Nah..Cant see this. Cop says stand where you want and do what you will but car is not going anywhere. She mouthed of for her rights and Mr Tough officer could have went back to his job at the road. First off if you listen to the video it was the lady cop that spoke with her, took her paperwork and told her to pull over to side of road!  The male cop brought it upon himself to get involved into the scene.

If two trained police officers could not take her down in a safe manner and cuff her without a freaking tazer then they have the bigger problem. Listen to the video again and listen to what the lady cop did to try and hold her with the male cop, She did nothing with her hands and went for the tazer. Again excessive use of force on a female citizen and you will hear more about this case in the future.

These so called cops went above and beyond and just an FYI...I know 3 city cops that saw the video and have heard some of the inside scoop and they themselves think its a joke as to where those law officers took this. Way above needed force.

• Like 2

At this day and age why not just comply?

You have idea what is on any officer's radar, description of vehicle or persons! If you have nothing to hide bite your Liberal tongue, do the country a favor. The arrogance of the Entitled mentality is sickening.

• Like 1

Every single smuggler and terrorist is rooting for her to keep up the good fight.

Yeap, probably.. A chance one takes living in a free society.. If they took all the guns away and watched us 24/7 we probably would be safer.. Not the direction I personally would like to see our society go.

• Like 2

I

These so called cops went above and beyond and just an FYI...I know 3 city cops that saw the video and have heard some of the inside scoop and they themselves think its a joke as to where those law officers took this. Way above needed force.

See I don't have any "inside scoop" Im going only on the video and from what I see "These so called cops" did nothing wrong. And for all of you who think its so easy to subdue a small person who doesn't want to be subdued………..Try it.

The arrogance of the Entitled mentality is sickening.

Yeah, I can't imagine people wanting a society where they can go about their day-to-day business, unmolested by a police force looking to pin crimes on them. What were our founding fathers thinking about when they enshrined all those silly 'rights' , as a direct result of historic abuse by the former government of the day? Madness.

We should all be prepared to hand over our papers the moment an order is barked, and we should be as subservient and cowed as possible. It worked out well for the citizens of Germany. Shouldn't be any different for us.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

At the end of the day, this girl was illegally detained. She was well within her rights to drive away had she verbally confirmed that she was neither being held nor arrested.And the search was also illegal and warrant-less.

What search?

Yeap, probably.. A chance one takes living in a free society.. If they took all the guns away and watched us 24/7 we probably would be safer.. Not the direction I personally would like to see our society go.

Precisely. And smugglers only need be nervous at the actual border, but of course they 'aint, because we have no real border security anymore. Government powers are being turned inward against the citizenry. That much is obvious.

Edited by Papist

Not illegal. At least not now.

Ar you saying we no longer have the protections of the  fourth amendment? When did that happen?

And in fact warrantless searches are illegal, accept under the following circumstances, none of which reasonably apply in this situation:

1. You have given the officer consent
  2. The officer has probable cause to believe there is evidence of a crime in your vehicle
  3. The officer reasonably believes a search is necessary for their own protection (a hidden weapon, for example)
  4. You have been arrested and the search is related to that arrest (such as a search for illegal drugs)

My guess is that it would be very difficult for the officers to justify number 2 or 3 in a court of law.

I am guessing it is almost impossible to justify probable cause at a 'routine' checkpoint scenario, when folk are being forced to stop for no good reason.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

If she was arrested then her car would be impounded. Before the car is towed police have to to an inventory search of the car and make a list of all the personal property that is in the car at the time of tow. True valuables are turned in for safe keeping and a property receipt is issued. 

I am from the same place a ncountry.  This did take place on 37 in the area he said.  That being said, I know this young lady.  she has an associates degree  in criminal justice and graduated Saturday with a bachelors in police administration or something like that.  She failed the physical part of the test for the border patrol 2 weeks ago.  She is a distant friend of my daughters.  She has been fired from at least three jobs for her attitude.  She went there looking for a fight with her chip on her shoulder. She now may be facing federal charges for a few things.  She wanted her 15 minutes of fame and has gotten it.  Now it will cost her dearly in the end.  Check out her facebook page if you want to see the real her. 

• Like 6