New Speed Loader for MLs ?

fasteddie

I use a clear plastic tube that cutting tools as routers come in 1/2" ID.Put my pyrodex pellets and the bullet in the tube with a small piece of foam to keep them from moving,take the cap off of the tube put he charge in the barrel then hit it with the ram rod.Keep a few in my pocket,The caps are in a spring loaded dispencer,Makes every thing easy.

They are called rapid fire. I bought a pack to try.  They are awesome.  All you need to do is aim and fire.  Poof the rapid fire automatically loads the gun while you wait. I am not as fast with them yet, but if I practice a bit, I will be up to semi auto speed by next season. 

They are called rapid fire. I bought a pack to try.  They are awesome.  All you need to do is aim and fire.  Poof the rapid fire automatically loads the gun while you wait. I am not as fast with them yet, but if I practice a bit, I will be up to semi auto speed by next season.

lol

yes you can carry more than one muzzeloader.  My question would be why.  But to each his own.  Doc they have made primitive types in the past.  There was one thet the barrel actually rotated.  You shot the first shot rotated the barrel from bottom to top to shoot again. I personally think I could reload as quuck as I could do the rotating.  There are also side by side rifles, but they are both illegal during the special season. 

not sure about over/under... but cabelas has a side by side...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Traditional-Rifles-Shotguns|/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104641380/Cabelas-Kodiak-Express-Double-Rifle/705005.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-black-powder-traditional-rifles-shotguns%2F_%2FN-1100202%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104641380

it is not illegal to carry more than one gun....a single gun capable of holding more than one projectile.(blackpowder revolver)...or multipl barrels ( a double or the rotating barrle Bubbs mentioned is illegal.  I was present when my BIL asked the DEC at the state fair...they laughed and said "If your arms, back and shoulders can do it....have at it..." and then laughed at him....lol

I am with Bubba on this...with practice and the speed loaders a second shot if pretty quick

I'm on a train home an curious. Does anyone know if it is legal to carry more then one ML in the woods at a time?

Why would anyone want to do this ? For a quick 2nd shot ? Curious

Ha-ha .... It's not something I would like to do unless I had a pack-mule to help me out with the weight. However, a lot has been made about the muzzleloader being a "handicapped" weapon because you are limited to one shot with seldom an opportunity for a follow-up shot if needed. I can just hear the wheels turning as people try to figure out some way of cheating that little restriction. You just know that as soon as a limit is put on something in hunting, there will be people looking to eliminate that limit by hook or by crook. That's why I was wondering about a multiple barrel muzzleloader. That's kind of a natural way for the mind to work.

Paulie probably was watching the same program I saw just the other day (Last of the Mohicans) where the hero was running through the woods shooting indians with a muzzleloader in each hand. It made for good movie scenes....lol.

Doc

Thanks guys! Actually, the reason why I was asking is that I was talking to another guy I recently met who hunts on the same property as myself and a buddy of mine. He said that he ran into a few guys last weekend that were giving him a hard time (for being where he was supposed to be and where they were not supposed to be...figures!!).....and one of the guys had two guns with him. I'm assuming that they were ML's but I'm not sure...just didn;t know if that was legal.

Personally, I wouldn't want to take two guns as I feel it defeats the purpose/excitement of hunting with a ML.

• 1 month later...

In some of my stands, which are a house on stilts, I guess I could carry one back and when I left for the evening, leave it in there and bring another the next day. I have carried two in the past. One rifle and one pistol when I had a traditions buckhunter 50 cal handgun.  I never used it, but I was younger and had that intriguing mind as to how to give myself an advantage.  Now my advantage is do my homework, practice and set up where the deer are moving and make a good shot.  But it does make one think.

I'm partial to the one and done. That is why i hunt with a muzzleloader anyway. But on occasions I wish I had and autoloader ML :-[ ! I have had two or three deer ,that i was able to get a second shot on them.Either after a miss or a bad hit. I practice speed loading at the range.