Take a senior hunting, just a thought.

First-light

Folks,

As HNY.com gets on with age so does the people that keep it alive. Now I'm sure there are some out there that do this already. Being on a forum and being able to reach people is an easy way to help them. In the future I can see a forum called take a senior hunting. Those in need of help to get into the woods to hunt. Take a kid hunting is just as important as taking those who have blazed the trail for us. I miss taking my Father in law into the woods. As time goes on and we get older there will be a need, keep it in mind. I think Doc may be ready in a few years, only kidding, he is as healthy as a strutting buck!!

• Like 2

I think about this everytime I hunt with my Father......that's what really killed it for me with the antler restrictions, he had to pass on bucks the last few years and it really bothered me thinking those deer might have been his last bucks, but hey, that's not what's important to a lot of people. 

• Like 1

Almost all the guys I hunt with are older than me.  Only one is younger........and he is 46 IIRC.

A couple are gone now but we still have dad at 76, Tom D @ 78, Clark @ 72, Don H @ 84 etc................every year for the past 30 years I've been helping the old guys. :) 

It is getting tougher each year for them AND me!  The biggest buck killed last year in camp was killed by Don H.................

I got dad a new rifle this past winter to keep him interested and excited.  He's really looking forward to this fall!

• Like 3

Folks,

As HNY.com gets on with age so does the people that keep it alive. Now I'm sure there are some out there that do this already. Being on a forum and being able to reach people is an easy way to help them. In the future I can see a forum called take a senior hunting. Those in need of help to get into the woods to hunt. Take a kid hunting is just as important as taking those who have blazed the trail for us. I miss taking my Father in law into the woods. As time goes on and we get older there will be a need, keep it in mind. I think Doc may be ready in a few years, only kidding, he is as healthy as a strutting buck!!

Lol ..... I take a geezer out hunting everytime I go out ....... Me.

• Like 1

Years ago a buddy had broken his leg 2 weeks before the season opened .... we helped him (carried on my back) to the base of a treestand  and we put on a drive when the time came , he filled his tag and we did the drag !  Helping someone (Older or broken leg) is also an enjoyable part of the hunting experience !  We all are a success !

• Like 1