Adirondack getaway ideas

Terry

For something like that, the Lake Placid area is probably a smart bet - generally in the mix of being able to "get away" to climb/hike, plenty of water bodies, yet still some civilization in case the wife wants to go out for a dinner/drink, etc.

Ditto Lake Placid, been there and it was an awesome time. Lot's of history there as well with the 1980 Olympic sites too.

Last September I took the wife to Lake Placid for a 3 day weekend for our anniversary.  Stayed at Placid Bay Inn and they have packages such as dozen roses int the room, a fine dining special, and a romantic picnic basket.  Of course I had to do all 3 for her.  They did everything just as i wanted too.  The roses were there when we got there, along with wine and the dining for that night, then the next day we went and hiked Roostercomb Mountain, came back to the picnic basket and took it out on the dock to eat the cheese and crackers and drink the wine.  After that of course she wanted to go into town shopping.  The hotel people were great and if you stay you can also take out the canoes they have.  Everything I came to about $700 after tax and that was for the lakeside room with fireplace too.  Highly recommend it!!!  Plenty of places too eat within walking distance too of the Inn.  We hit up Micky D's for breakfast and coffee in the morning right across the street.

Last September I took the wife to Lake Placid for a 3 day weekend for our anniversary. Stayed at Placid Bay Inn and they have packages such as dozen roses int the room, a fine dining special, and a romantic picnic basket. Of course I had to do all 3 for her. They did everything just as i wanted too. The roses were there when we got there, along with wine and the dining for that night, then the next day we went and hiked Roostercomb Mountain, came back to the picnic basket and took it out on the dock to eat the cheese and crackers and drink the wine. After that of course she wanted to go into town shopping. The hotel people were great and if you stay you can also take out the canoes they have. Everything I came to about $700 after tax and that was for the lakeside room with fireplace too. Highly recommend it!!! Plenty of places too eat within walking distance too of the Inn. We hit up Micky D's for breakfast and coffee in the morning right across the street.

Sounds like a good deal