It's going to be a Hot...

growalot

Week  or at least few days . So take care out there and keep an eye on your pets..especially the older ones....Looks like summer has arrived late or Dog days have started early. Either way, I just may get some ripe tomatoes and a pepper or two after all.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

10-4 on being careful out there. The guys are still hopeful that the lumber harvest will start soon...still too wet in the woods. Maybe an extended stretch of hot, dry weather will allow crew to work later this summer.

• Like 1

That wet field is drying up nicely and the hog radish/TTT/PT are all sprouting nicely.

My Alfalfa/clover is shooting up and the clover/ alfalfa doubled after I mowed the weed competition on that new plot...Not sure about doing a select spray on such a young planting..I have never had to before...not sure if weed roots will harm the plot plants or it the weeds will act as a nurse crop if I can keep it from going to seed...

• Like 1

Yeah, the garden is loving it. Me, not so much.

It didn't used to bother me, but I seem to like it less each year. I try not to complain too much though. In the blink of an eye, I'll be shoveling snow again.

Good luck with your tomatoes, and peppers.

Edited by Traditional Archer
  • Like 2

Ozone levels are elevated today and tomorrow. Thursday back to average temps. First few weeks of August look to be below normal temps., as the jets team sinks south of us, similar to last winters pattern.

Jet stream, these androids have a mind f their own, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

I just got in from making may very last spray run of the season...I hit the lane-way but good and two woodland plots...then dragged tops from a couple of trees I had cut down and limbed ...built up one of my best brush blinds.....there isn't enough water in the world!!! :heat: Lunch...the end piece of a ice cold water melon... :D 

BTW black berries are starting here.

My peppers never got blooms, neither the bell nor the jalapeno's.  Suspect too much rain early on.  They and the tomato's have been drowning off an on.  They got drowned again on Monday, perhaps they will start recovering again.

This year had a great crop of black raspberries compared to the last couple years.  First time we had enough to make some jam ourselves.  Now I have to expand my plants out to make more next year.  Thinking time to make a few boxed beds to control their spread (and make a natural barrier fence in the process).

Sorry to hear about your peppers Two Track. I had problems with mine last year. They'd blossom, then the blossoms would fall off, re blossom, etc., but I didn't get a single pepper all season. I've never seen it before, and I don't know what caused it. 

The black raspberries are doing great here this year too. We're going to pick some more this evening when it cools off  a little. Should be a good year for the black longs too.