Baby Freak-Nasty...

WNY Bowhunter

This awesome little yearling 10-pt started showing up on my trailcams during mid-October.  I got pics of him a few more times over the next couple of weeks and then he disappeared before gun season.  Knowing the wandering tendancies of young bucks, I was certain that he would end up in someone's freezer...

017.jpg

016.jpg

IM000506bnbn.jpg

IM000088-1yyy.jpg

Last week, I move a couple of my cams to a field that the deer have been hammering just hoping to see a couple of the bucks that I'd been watching all summer/fall.  As I scanned through my first set of pics I couldn't believe my eyes; although no longer a 10-pt, "Baby Freak-Nasty" had survived the orange army and still hanging around the farm!  Man, I can't wait to see him as a 2 year old this coming summer.  This little guy looks like he has the potential to be a real STUD in a couple of years...

019hh.jpg

IMAG0030rr.jpg

IMAG0033ff.jpg

Here's another young buck with some great potential that has been a regular visitor since July...he was a beautiful little 8-pt at one time.  The last pic that I got of him was on Nov. 19th, the night before the gun opener.  I am happy to see that he had found a good hiding spot too...

028.jpg 

In the background of these pics you can see how tore up this field is with deer tracks.  There are patches of bare ground all over the place where the deer have been digging to get to the clover.  I'm hoping that 'Lil Nasty will drop his antlers out here so I can add them to my shed collection.

That broken rack on teh littel 8 isn't where your slug went on that fateful day ....was it... ;)

No sir.  His beam was broken off sometime in late Sept. or early October.  He won't have to worry about me until he becomes of shooter age @ 3.5...but the neighbors are a different story.

awesome photos, I can't wait till I get my trail cam. Keep planting lots of food and saving up the does and they wont go anywhere.  :D