Reasons why some will never buy another Remington Firearm.

Mr VJP

I'm not qualified to comment on recent mfg. Remingtons, since the newest one I have was bought 20 years ago.

However, I have owned 48s, 11-48s, 870 Wingmasters, several 1100s, an 11-87,, a 700 , a 722 and an XP-100, and they have all been quality firearms..

The only real lemon of a rifle I ever owned was an early tang safety Ruger 77 in 7 x 57...Had trouble keeping the shots on a 9" paper plate at 100 yards..Ruger was buying their barrels from several sources for the early 77s, and while some were tackdrivers, others had accuracy issues.. I had 2 other tang safety 77s, a 25-06 and a .338 Win mag, and they were both very accurate.

The only real lemon of a scope I ever had was a 2x7 Redfield, which just happened to be mounted on the Ruger when I  sent it down the road..

Edited by Pygmy

Please provide a link to any recall ever by Kimber, for any of the rifles it has made.

Also, those of you who claim any Kimber rifles have been defective, please provide some evidence to back up your claim.

I suspect those of you who bad mouth them, have never owned one.  I own five of their rifles and stand by what I say.

And of course I guess your scientific study based on 5 rifles represents some kind of version of documented credibility ...... ha-ha-ha.

Many of the recalls on a wide range of products have been due to "globally sourced parts" . Remington 700 trigger assemblies from Mexico, GM ignition switches from China, and so on. I bet the better quality mass produced Remington firearms from the past were not assembled from foreign made components like they are today. However- the prices for the products would be much greater if these cheap foreign made components were not used.If Ruger and others can produce an American made rifle and sell it in the $300 range without issue then why even use foreign made components ? I am dissapointed to see any manufacturer leave N.Y. especially one with a long history here like Remington.I blame Cuomo and the anti-gun liberal politicians.

And of course I guess your scientific study based on 5 rifles represents some kind of version of documented credibility ...... ha-ha-ha.

I never said it was a scientific study.  I made an observation based on the company's reputation, while adding my own experience and personal opinion.  The documented credibility is all over the net, lawyer advised recall of 84M rifles not withstanding.

If you think you can get a better rifle for the money, buy it.  When you do, it will be my turn .... ha-ha-ha.

:rolleyes:

If you buy the cheap Remington rifles you are getting just that. Of all the "low end" rifles out there, Remington's are the worst in my opinion. Now having said that, their 700 line is great (not 770,783,710). Their semi autos have also been riddled with issues as of late. I've owned a lot of Remington's and sold hundreds in the 8 years I was in that business. Certain models are great, others are not at all... My opinion.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

When I bought my Ruger Hawkeye I compared it to a Remington 700. I have a Savage and I'm happy with it. The Remington was cheap. Plastic parts, poor fitting. The Ruger was all steel and fitted nicely. Maybe the 700 will shoot 1/2 MOA tighter, but the Ruger seems to be a more robust build.