Reasons why some will never buy another Remington Firearm.

Mr VJP

I can't speak for the guns they put out now, but I never had any issues with my two model 700's and one model 11/87.  They were bought in 1985, 1989 and 1998, however.  They have served me well.   Some comments below the link suggest buying Savage rifles instead.  I tell you, I wouldn't trade my 700's for any Savage no matter how accurate they claim to be.  Most military and police snipers, along with the target shooting crowd still prefer Remingtons 700 actions, so you can take that for what it's worth. In the hunting field the 700 action has few rivals also.  It's a solid, proven design.  One piece solid bolt on the 700 compared to scores of parts on the Savage bolt.  I know which one I'd choose.

• Like 4

I bought a low price 870 from Dicks not too long ago and had to send it back because the finish was coming off the barrels, it was a two barrel set. They did a good job on the reblue but not what you expect from a new gun. There has long been reports of failures on the saftey on their bolt actions. I know this doesn't happen to every rifle every time but enough to do a documentary show

which included an engineer retired from Rremington who developed a fix to the problem for less than a dollar but Remington did not implement it. I guess due to shipping and labor costs. I have owned pump rifles and both semi auto and pump shotguns and was happy with them except for the last one which they fixed but left a bad taste. My lasst two rifles were Savage and Ruger, so far so good. I have heard Marlin quality was slipping since Remington bought them. This is also sad because I loved Marlin. My first rifle was a Marlin. my first deer fell to a Marlin and I currently own three. I guess I'll just enjoy them and be happy I got them when they were still good.

They aren't around because they make garbage.All gun manufacturers have made lemons here and there.NY'ers are pissed at Remington because they are leaving.Thats the way I see it.I have a few newer Remington and wouldn't hesitate to buy another

Im not pissed they are leaving, how can you honestly blame them?

• Like 2

there is a lack of understanding by many people on how economics work. businesses are here to make money and maintain margin. with growing taxes and labor cost the business will look to save costs somewhere and unfortunately it usually means the decline of the company if they choose safety or quality. It's much more prevalent in large corporations who do not have the flexibility to maneuver and adapt as well as smaller companies.

when your worker wants $30+ an hour to do a job that can be done for 1/2 that without all the taxes down south, you're eventually going to lose.

• Like 2

Im not pissed they are leaving, how can you honestly blame them?

I'm not,I have a small business and see what NYS does for a small business,They get you in the door and "F" you after that.I wish our shop could do it quite honestly.I was saying that a big portion of people in NYS look at their move and say "just another big company screwing the little guy"Remington has done tons for the local and surrounding areas.See what happens when they leave!!!!

• Like 1

there is a lack of understanding by many people on how economics work. businesses are here to make money and maintain margin. with growing taxes and labor cost the business will look to save costs somewhere and unfortunately it usually means the decline of the company if they choose safety or quality. It's much more prevalent in large corporations who do not have the flexibility to maneuver and adapt as well as smaller companies.

when your worker wants $30+ an hour to do a job that can be done for 1/2 that without all the taxes down south, you're eventually going to lose.

Then add to the mix the hostile environment for firearms related anything in this state and its no wonder why they are on the way out.

• Like 5

Yup not one ever,give me a damn break they are manufacturing guns.You mean to tell me that Kimber has never ever let one slip out that shouldn't have?Give me a break

Please provide a link to any recall ever by Kimber, for any of the rifles it has made.

Also, those of you who claim any Kimber rifles have been defective, please provide some evidence to back up your claim.

I suspect those of you who bad mouth them, have never owned one.  I own five of their rifles and stand by what I say.

Edited by Mr VJP

BTW........how many rifles, shotguns and handguns has Remington put out in their history compared to Kimber?

How about we compare their production in 2014?  How many defective Remington guns were sold?  How many defective Kimbers?

Edited by Mr VJP

Please provide a link to any recall ever by Kimber, for any of the rifles it has made.

Also, those of you who claim any Kimber rifles have been defective, please provide some evidence to back up your claim.

I suspect those of you who bad mouth them, have never owned one.  I own five of their rifles and stand by what I say.

Remington is not the only manufacturer to have recalls.  T/C and Winchester made recalls recently.

Kimber recalls?  Here you go.  

http://www.kimberamerica.com/serial-84m

I didnt see anyone badmouthing them. I saw people say they arent perfect. Nothing is perfect. You are starting to sound like Biz and his Weatherbys.

First off I never said Kimber has had a recall so don't put words in my mouth,secondly if you or anyone else thinks that every gun that Kimber puts out is 100% perfect then you're all nuts.Its a manufacturing process and none....NOT ONE manufacturing process is 100% perfect and puts out perfect parts all the time.Is perfect parts the main objective???Yes.Thats the way it is with every manufacturer out there.Look at aviation and medical manufacturing industries for christ sake.They are the most stringently controlled out there and there are problems with some manufacturers.

• Like 1

How DO you enjoy crow?  BBQ, broiled or stuffed & baked?

:)

It's all good Vince, I have no issues with Remington OR Kimber. 

As you may have heard me mention, earlier this year I bought a .308 Montana for my father.  I was quite impressed with the fit, finish and function of the gun.  I put a Leupold varix III 2.5x8 on it in Talley mounts and it's a great shooter.  If they put the bolt on the port side I'd have had a couple, no doubt. 

I'll stick with my NULA guns for the foreseeable future even though they haven't been trouble free either.

• Like 1

I never said anyone mentioned recalls.  I mentioned them to prove the point.  I was talking rifles, not handguns.  But even if I was talking ALL guns, I still find Kimber firearms to be far superior in quality to any major manufacturer in the US today.

BTW, the 84M recall was voluntary after it was alleged the rifle may fire when the safety is flicked off.  Turns out it can happen, if the owner has fiddled with the trigger adjustment screws, which should never be done and isn't even necessary on a Kimber trigger.  The recalled rifles have had the triggers tamper proofed, that's all.

I find it sad that so many manufacturers of all types really suck, as far as quality and reputation go.  Yet when one does a really good job, and just happens to be a company in NY State, people will still throw them under the bus the first chance they get.

Anyone who thinks Remington is still a good gun company, hasn't been keeping up with their issues.  Of all the American gun manufacturers, Remington's quality is hovering near the bottom of the heap today.  They were a great company, but today, they are riding on their past reputation and loyalty from fans who don't know they've changed.