ML scope

WhiteTailBuckDeer

Alot of people like the Omega with BDC,it has gotten good reviews.I am not a fan of the BDC.I have A nikon buckmasters and a bushnell trophy with out the DOA on a couple of my ML's.

The Leopold ulitmate slam is another that rates very good.

Your going to want to make sure you get something with good eye relief or else your going to get one nice shiner

Steve

Got the same ml very happy with it,super accurate.

Bushnell scope on it good enough for the few days out with it.

But if wer to get a better one I would go with the nikon prostaff.

Even better would be a trijicon, now thats a scope.

The best thing I can say is get the best glass you can afford.  I am a nikon fan.  the prostaff is a great scope for around 100 bucks.  I go with the buckmasters just because I like the quick focus.  I used bushnell banners for a long time. For the little most use a ml for speical seasons, they are great for around 80 bucks.  They take the abuse.  I use my ml most of the season, so, I want good glass.  3x9x40 is overkill for a ml, but I prefer too much as to not enough.  The new redfield revolutions I am reading are great scopes.  They are built by leupold.  It has been my experioence that a ml with a decent charge 100 grains or more will kill a scope faster than a rifle will.  Go to the local gun shops and look at what they have. Look at used stuff too.  Lots of times guys trade in a gun with a scope on it,or trade up scopes, and they will sell the scope used.  Get what looks clear and will mount for easy acqisition on the gun you have.  And look into good mounts too. The scope is only as good as the hardware that holds it on the gun.

Bubba, I have the Nikon Pro Staff 3x9x40 w/ bdc on my 30-06. Its a great scope for the the money. I was looking at the Omega just because its built for MLs and I figured it would take more abbuse than the Pro Staff. I did look at the Buck Masters and they say they are good fo MLs also and about 40 bucks cheaper. The omega is almost as much as my ML but I plan on getting a new one in a year or so and i'll just swap the scope over.

I passed on the bdc because I am not a fan of it, plus I do not intend to shoot a ml at an animal out to 250 yards, or try to guess the yardage to know which line or dot to use.  The prostaff is a more than adequate scope for any ml.  As I said I like the buckamsers for the quick focus, and that is the only reason I have that one.

I just have a 30$ tasco on mine that I had laying around.  I know its not a m/l scope but I'll use it till it goes or I come across something better.  A guy I work with bought the cabelas powderhorn m/l fixed 4 power. I think he paid 60 bucks on sale.  Anyway I looked thru it and its pretty sweet for the money.  I figured The bdc scopes would be the way to go.  But if it has to cranked on 9 to be accurate, I ll put a powderhorn  or another cheap tasco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...