need a dead fox (intact)

pronen

Think it's illegal to sell game(intact) unless it's for the fur.

Long Island has many fox.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

This is from DEC website:

Buying and Selling Fur
  • Species requiring a pelt seal (bobcat, otter, fisher and marten) cannot be bought or sold or given to another person unless it has the plastic pelt seal on it. All other species may be bought, sold, and transported without restriction.
  • Furbearers may be bought or sold either skinned or unskinned.
  • People who buy fur do not need a fur buyer's license in New York.
  • Like 1

This by far the oddest post I have read on here, searching for a fox corpse.....

I am very scared to ask what you need a dead fox for.. :dontknow:

Why not just go get one on your own?

Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange too! Perhaps the OP can enlighten us. With rabies the way it is, I wouldn't handle any fox unless I killed it.

• Like 1

Ill pay you $100 per. Ill assume that you are a responsible human being, took the fox yourself, and will not sell me a rabid fox. Nothing weird here, I just need it for a religious ritual that involves fox reanimation and the impersonation of D. Trump's toupee. Nothing unusual.

Edited by pronen
  • Like 1

Ill pay you $100 per. Ill assume that you are a responsible human being, took the fox yourself, and will not sell me a rabid fox. Nothing weird here, I just need it for a religious ritual that involves fox reanimation and the impersonation of D. Trump's toupee. Nothing unusual.

All for a good cause! I knew it wouldn't be for anything "weird". 

$100......?    Hmmmmm..........  I have an old fox skin hat?  That could work for both applications......... and no rabies.

Edited by grampy

I will get you a grinner (opossum ) for $25 if you would like :rolleyes:  I do believe all grinners are rabies free as I heard their metabolism is too slow to get rabies. $20 if the paint from the double yellow line is on it.

• Like 1

Off the DEC site:

How long will the rabies virus remain alive in the body of a dead animal?

That depends primarily on the outside temperature. The virus could die within a few hours in warm weather and could stay alive for months in freezing temperatures.

I did not know this, thought the virus died after 24 hours.  Good to know for the early spring when carcasses start showing up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How much would you pay for ones that are already mounted?

For the right price (several thousand), I'd maybe part ways with these guys.

Of course they have sentimental value, hence the big asking price.

post-871-14567801528334_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld