Atv riding trespassing vandals

Chef

they don't follow your rules and requirements you will have name and address of them and easier to tell them no and then press charges as needed....

I have to say that could back fire on him...and this is said due to sitting in a court room..actually more than one and listening to just such cases...the Judge took the original OK as a sign the owners may be just having a little "tiff" or "axe to grind" with the trespassers ...BECAUSE they had already shown and "openness" to the use of their land...

So I would go to your local judge before ever offering up such a plan and point blank ask them what type of opinion they would hold. This in the case you  would have to prosecute them for not following your rules, rescinding your previous offer and having to arrest them should they trespass....just saying....

• Like 1

As a previous jp and a soon to be elected again, I sure would recommend not to do any type of sabotage such as the strips to cause damage. You will be liable for any damages to their equipment and injuries your criminal negligence caused. I see the hunter insanity us rearing its ugly head again.

• Like 4

GOL 9-103 does not totally exclude the liability of landowners toward recreationists. Assuming no fee is charged, the statute states that the landowner owes no duty to keep the premises safe for entry or use by recreationists pursuing the listed activities, or to give warning of any hazardous condition, use of property, structure, or activity on the property to persons entering for recreation. It also states that farm owners or lessees have no duty to keep their farms safe for use by recreationists or to give warning of hazardous conditions or uses of the property. However, landowners are not protected if they intentionally harm a recreationist, or if they "willfully" or "maliciously" fail to guard against, or warn recreationists of, a danger on the property.

http://www2.dnr.cornell.edu/ext/info/pubs/LegalFinancial/liability_boundary_posting.htm

So, easy solution. Warn them that if they enter, they may be severely injured from the accidental spillage of spikes, nails, and the mudslide that caused the ditch.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 2

I had a problem with 4 wheelers on my property a few years back. After I planted almost 100 saplings on a trail I wanted to grow in I had a group of wheelers come through during the week when I wasn't up at my land. All of the saplings were run over, then they ripped up a couple different spot by doing donuts and turning wet spots on the trails, into the start of mudholes. I went up that weekend and saw the damage. Needless to say I was not happy. I bought some cedar posts and took some barbed wire and put it across every trail on the property lines. There was only 3 different trails so it only took an hour or so, but a post was put in the middle of the trail with a posted sign. Problem solved. Haven't had anyone ride through since

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have to say that could back fire on him...and this is said due to sitting in a court room..actually more than one and listening to just such cases...the Judge took the original OK as a sign the owners may be just having a little "tiff" or "axe to grind" with the trespassers ...BECAUSE they had already shown and "openness" to the use of their land...

So I would go to your local judge before ever offering up such a plan and point blank ask them what type of opinion they would hold. This in the case you would have to prosecute them for not following your rules, rescinding your previous offer and having to arrest them should they trespass....just saying....

And any plan get in writing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had a problem with atv / trespassers many years ago. I called the local State Police barracks and asked for advice on how to handle the situation. The officer on duty told me that when I stop the atvers, I should remove the key from the machine. He gave me his mobile phone # and said he would come right over to confiscate the bike.

I had a problem with atv / trespassers many years ago. I called the local State Police barracks and asked for advice on how to handle the situation. The officer on duty told me that when I stop the atvers, I should remove the key from the machine. He gave me his mobile phone # and said he would come right over to confiscate the bike.

and then what happened??

Man I tell ya most riders are not alone and I don't know that there is any way in hell I'm a try and take anything when I'm more than likely outnumbered and everyone with a brain knows that even if you are armed no one is getting shot for a riding...that officer gave you terrible advice and I would bet that wouldn't happen now a days

• Like 1

Man I tell ya most riders are not alone and I don't know that there is any way in hell I'm a try and take anything when I'm more than likely outnumbered and everyone with a brain knows that even if you are armed no one is getting shot for a riding...that officer gave you terrible advice and I would bet that wouldn't happen now a days