Maybe

G-Man

If limitations were in effect. He may have a legitimate chance at harvesting a big 8 point.

Mr. Pickle, my friend could care less what size the rack is. WTF do you think he should do with a 150" buck if he shot one? He toss the rack in his garage with the 50-75 other bucks he has killed in his lifetime. Sure, he has mounted a few over the years but he sure as balls ain't going to stuff anymore at his age! What do you purpose he do, stay home? Maybe he should just kill a doe or two?? Guess what; he will shoot what HE wants to.

VAR. Remember those three little letters.............

Why anyone wants more restrictions is beyond me. Let people do what they want. The only people who are going to benefit from AR's are wannabe big buck hunters. And I put emphasis on wannabe because the real deals are killing them now and don't need it any easier.

• Like 5

Too bad I sobered up, cuz I'd buy a couple ounces of whatever smack you're on. Capture & relocate, LoL.

How is that funny? You must support heavy deer herds being protected in small villages cause most people are opposed to allow hunters to hunt deer in their area (with bow), so why not capture and release in a WMA? Or DEC could just allow hunters to bow hunt those herds that are protected and piss off the whole neighborhood? I've heard people wanted to poison the deer and/or do birth control for deer which is insane.

HUH?  Please tell me how shooting an older deer over a younger deer would make the population blow up.   Last I knew filling a tag is filling a tag and its one less deer.  You want the population to blow up then dont shoot does, or shorten gun season, or 1 buck only.  I fail to see where age class has a bearing on population.

If you kill young bucks and when the older bucks die off who's left to breed? 1 buck only is a great idea, if you kill one doe in an area there are plenty others to breed and the young doe will mature to breed as well, Shortening Gun season may help but i believe that it would cause more incidents and more hunters to hunt at the same time because with less time to schedule for vacation and less time to hunt, the woods would over populate with hunters. 

How is that funny? You must support heavy deer herds being protected in small villages cause most people are opposed to allow hunters to hunt deer in their area (with bow), so why not capture and release in a WMA? Or DEC could just allow hunters to bow hunt those herds that are protected and piss off the whole neighborhood? I've heard people wanted to poison the deer and/or do birth control for deer which is insane.

You would support the DEC or any authority having the power to force landowners to allow people on their land to hunt?????????

Do you have any idea of the cost to trap, transfer and release deer - let alone the stress involved to the animal?

Thinking outside the box is one thing.

A 60's trip on the purple tabs is another.

• Like 2

You would support the DEC or any authority having the power to force landowners to allow people on their land to hunt?????????

Do you have any idea of the cost to trap, transfer and release deer - let alone the stress involved to the animal?

Thinking outside the box is one thing.

A 60's trip on the purple tabs is another.

I never said i supported people hunting on landowners land i simply asked is that what you want or another way to thin the herd and giving them birth control is unnatural, i guess those people like their deer too much to kill them.

Edited by Mossberg500Guy

VAR's, AR's..... Y'all need to think about that one, is it really a good idea? The vast majority of yearling bucks around my neck of the woods qualify if you go by 3 points on a side greater than an inch. And some surpass it by a large margin.. Idk bout you but I'd like to see those genetics shine a few yrs down the road. I would think long term on AR's, and think long and hard about it. Hopefully you'll come to the same conclusion that it won't benefit the true potential of the herd, instead over time it will have a negative effect.

Personally I look for age in a deer, and right now that means I let most 2.5s walk unless it's a real slammer, and look for 3.5s or older regardless of what they are sporting on top. I do realize that basically all the bucks I pass will be shot at one point during the season, but they don't stand a chance if I shoot them.

• Like 1

What's funny is that relocation would be a huge burden on the taxpayer. Shooting them is definitely the answer, but you are correct in that politics often stand in the way.

• Like 2

What's funny is that relocation would be a huge burden on the taxpayer. Shooting them is definitely the answer, but you are correct in that politics often stand in the way.

You can't honestly tell me that if NYS and DEC cuts some stuff they couldn't afford it in their budget which is billions of dollars.

Edited by Mossberg500Guy

I know not too long ago Cuomo cut DEC funding by 50 some million dollars i wonder what that was used on? and those deer in overpopulated areas would be great for family's on welfare.

Let's shelve this crap for now. It's opening day & I'm going hunting. Just for today, I don't want to think about how messed up everything is. Today is opening freaking day!

• Like 1

You can't honestly tell me that if NYS and DEC cuts some stuff they couldn't afford it in their budget which is billions of dollars.

We don't have a game comission and 3 ncos per county, they don't even have 1/4 of the staff if the rounded up the state and moved deer, let alone a budget
  • Like 1

Pickle, everything is wounded now!! Lmao! You got a **** load of guys who step in the woods once a yr shooting at everything that moves! I'm surprised we have any deer left every yr after orange people season

Edited by WNYBuckHunter
Edited for language. Please see forum TOS.
  • Like 1