Supreme Court Won’t Hear Challenge to Assault Weapons Ban

Here's the only common sense exhibited by the SCOTUS in this case:

"Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia dissented, saying that lower courts have been ignoring Supreme Court precedents on Second Amendment rights."

Not hearing a case does not mean the law is Constitutional.

• Like 3

wondering why you actually support the ban?

He/she won't respond to your question. He/she is an anti gun troll who comes to this sight to educate all the" Neanderthals" when www.buytheworldacoke/hugacriminal/youdontneedagun.gunowners are morons.com is too busy. 

• Like 3

Common Sense wins over the lunatic ranting's of the NRA

http://nyti.ms/1XPeuDi

You know I stopped getting dragged into these type threads, but you got me. Your separating a non victory, as most anti's will. The minute a gun case don't get heard, its a win against the NRA? a win for Anti Gun people such as your self. Now I don't always agree with the NRA's approach, but if they have you and the President on your toe's. I think I'll donate some cash, while I have the check open the GOA will get a donation too. I also thing its in the best interest of the Nation to head out pick up a couple more guns for the kids in my life. I'll pass the NIC's (yes there are back ground checks in place already)hell I may buy a mini 14 to make some real noise, unlike this thread.

Edited by Huntscreek

But it does mean the law stands as written, which is ALL that matters

Until intelligent people get elected and change it, just as they are trying to do with Obamacare.  Or until another 2nd Amendment case gets to the SCOTUS and overturns all of these unconstitutional gun laws.

With the help of ISIS in America, it won't be long before full automatic weapons are legal for responsible American citizens to own again.

• Like 3

Until intelligent people get elected and change it, just as they are trying to do with Obamacare.  Or until another 2nd Amendment case gets to the SCOTUS and overturns all of these unconstitutional gun laws.

With the help of ISIS in America, it won't be long before full automatic weapons are legal for responsible American citizens to own again.

We can just pick them up off the dead ISIS "soldiers" (I use that term loosely).

• Like 3

Huffington Post Calls for Government to Seize All Firearms

A George Washington University professor suffering from the liberal disease hoplophobia—the irrational and paranoid fear of guns—is calling for total disarmament in the United States.

“Given that even micro gun control measures will be effectively blocked by the NRA and its allies, and that promoting mini measures as potentially effective is misleading, progressives may as well go for the big enchilada: Call for domestic disarmament,” writes Amitai Etzioni, a professor of international relations.

Etzioni, writing for the Huffington Post, suggests electing a president who will stack the Supreme Court and attack the Second Amendment.

He would also have Congress pass legislation making gun manufacturers “liable for harm done with their products” and outlaw the sale of ammunition.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/huffington-post-calls-for-government-to-seize-all-firearms.html

"In an unusual step, Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas voiced opposition to the Court's move. Thomas wrote, "The Court's refusal to review a decision that flouts two of our Second Amendment precedents stands in marked contrast to the Court's willingness to summarily reverse courts that disregard our other constitutional decisions." To do so, he argued, gives blessing to a lower court decision that "eviscerates many of the protections recognized in Heller and McDonald." For example, weapons in "common use" was key to the Court's previous gun rulings, and it's hard to argue that semiautomatic rifles don't fit that description, even if they do have extra-scary features like pistol grips and folding stocks that have no effect on functionality.

"If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing," Thomas wrote. He concluded that the Seventh Circuit is guilty of "relegating the Second Amendment to a second-class right," and SCOTUS did nothing to stand for Rule of Law."

Even if some Leftist bozo becomes POTUS and stacks the SCOTUS. there is no way any court could constitutionally eliminate ALL gun ownership.  Even a small push to ban most weapons, would promote more violence and bloodshed than has ever been committed by firearms to date.

Those who are saying they are for gun control, really aren't.  They are for guns in the hands of the government being used to do great violence against legally disarmed people who disagree with that idea. 

• Like 2

From Mr VJP's post above, Thomas' point that "the public might feel safer..." gets to the heart of this slippery slope.

Many people today, particularly of the younger generation, would 'feel safer' if the First amendment were restricted as well. And the Fourth certainly comes into play when LE is given free reign in it's pursuit of 'protecting' us.

The people who advocate for these kinds of restrictions, or in some cases rewriting or outright abolishment of the Constitution, strike me as very insecure. The Federal government is not your Mommy.

• Like 3

From Mr VJP's post above, Thomas' point that "the public might feel safer..." gets to the heart of this slippery slope.

Many people today, particularly of the younger generation, would 'feel safer' if the First amendment were restricted as well. And the Fourth certainly comes into play when LE is given free reign in it's pursuit of 'protecting' us.

The people who advocate for these kinds of restrictions, or in some cases rewriting or outright abolishment of the Constitution, strike me as very insecure. The Federal government is not your Mommy.

There it is! Fact!