Winter

Mossberg500Guy

So glad this years winter hasn't been so harsh got only a few inches on the ground, this time last year it was up past my windows lol, its great for the Turkeys to get to food source under the snow, i knows its not over probably another 6 to 8 weeks of winter hope its over soon but how do you think this will affect the Breeding Season i think it will be early.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more! It has been great seeing turkey on the hill this winter...that just never happens. They have kept the woods turned up eating. As far as breeding it all depends on any late storms that could appear...Lets just hope there isn't much cold rain this spring.

I agree with the last part I think a cold wet spring hurts way more than a bad winter.

Last winter was bad but I saw more birds this year than I have in a few years.

• Like 1

Hoping for a fairly dry spring as well, i love snow and winter but this year i think id be satisfied with very little snow.. I think the breeding season wont start until the hen feels the ground temperature is warm enough, for nesting.. so id say by march we would know better? idk, thats how i always tried to time it... but they surprise me every time.. dang birds..

• Like 1