Grouse

3abfc50214473c5c744e08fbbc973052.jpg had the dog out last Sunday and flushed 11 birds in two hours. Dropped three total one for each gun in the party. Wish I could head out tomorrow but juggling a young family and a passion for flushing dogs proves difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of shotgun is that? Make, model, gauge?

The gun is a CZ USA bobwhite in 28 gauge with 26" barrels. It's my go to grouse gun after logging many miles the 5lb 12oz. Gun is barely noticed. And it's quick to the shoulder with overlapping patterns. I couldn't ask for much more out of an attractive side by side for under six hundred bucks.

• Like 4

The gun is a CZ USA bobwhite in 28 gauge with 26" barrels. It's my go to grouse gun after logging many miles the 5lb 12oz. Gun is barely noticed. And it's quick to the shoulder with overlapping patterns. I couldn't ask for much more out of an attractive side by side for under six hundred bucks.

Ive been thinking about getting this gun in 20ga. From what I hear its a great gun.

I'm guessing 16 gauge

I should change my name to sub gauge hunter. As I get a little older and financially secure I have added a couple more guns to my Arsenal. However the hand me down sixteen that got me started will always be in the rotation. It's modified choke sometimes discourages me when in pursuit of ruffed grouse.

Ive been thinking about getting this gun in 20ga. From what I hear its a great gun.

. I would encourage the purchase. Mine has left me happy. And I like its simplicity with double triggers and extractor. As much as I would like a "really nice" double at the end of the day I'm an American blue collar worker who busts brush with a flushing dog on the weekends. I would loose it the first scratch my $2000 dollar gun got. Plus everyone who sees it comments on how nice it is.

• Like 1

If you don't mind spending a little more for ammunition the 28 ga Super X 1 oz loads are 1205 fps & were deadly on late season Ringnecks when I was running my preserve.

I had the Dehann S2in 28ga which is mechanically the same as the CZ.

024.jpg

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

. I would encourage the purchase. Mine has left me happy. And I like its simplicity with double triggers and extractor. As much as I would like a "really nice" double at the end of the day I'm an American blue collar worker who busts brush with a flushing dog on the weekends. I would loose it the first scratch my $2000 dollar gun got. Plus everyone who sees it comments on how nice it is.

I love the price on the gun and the double triggers as well. Another thing im looking for is the capability of shooting steel out of my gun since I only hunt with steel or other non-lead shot. 

I have a CZ Ringneck in 28 ga that I picked up a few years ago and it is one sweet little double, she handles and carry's like a dream, very good quality in my opinion. I believe the CZ doubles in both sxs and o/u are the best values out there at this time for those types of shotguns.

As for the 28 ga I have done alright with it using the 3/4 and 1 oz loads. The shells are a little on the pricey side and not always easy to come by, I just picked up a used MEC loader so I can shoot and enjoy this little double a lot more.

A Grouse that I took with my 28ga a few years ago.

Al

2530547580033835012aTBHUT_ph_zpscrfxbaaj

Edited by airedale

I have a CZ Ringneck in 28 ga that I picked up a few years ago and it is one sweet little double, she handles and carry's like a dream, very good quality in my opinion. I believe the CZ doubles in both sxs and o/u are the best values out there at this time for those types of shotguns.

As for the 28 ga I have done alright with it using the 3/4 and 1 oz loads. The shells are a little on the pricey side and not always easy to come by, I just picked up a used MEC loader so I can shoot and enjoy this little double a lot more.

A Grouse that I took with my 28ga a few years ago.

Al

2530547580033835012aTBHUT_ph_zpscrfxbaaj

Walmart carries 3/4oz  AA trap loads in 28ga. for those that don't reload.

I wish they made the long side plates of the "Ringneck" W/the straight grip/splinter fore-end stock.

Congrats on the grouse!

I've only killed one in my life and, unlike my coyote kills........it WAS on purpose. :)

Hunted them a few times back in the late 80's early 90's and killed my one and called it good.  I just never flushed many at all.  I did flush one this past weekend by coincidence though........

Did you kill those in Orleans County?