Dill Pickles

Pygmy

7 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

If you can find these they are amazing....

http://www.famousbbqstore.com/78780.html 

WANT !!! Never have seen any of their stuff in the Buffalo area. Did receive Devil spit bbq/ Wilburs revenge hot sauce and pineapple hot sauce as extras in a beer trade from Montana and we love their stuff.

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

WANT !!! Never have seen any of their stuff in the Buffalo area. Did receive Devil spit bbq/ Wilburs revenge hot sauce and pineapple hot sauce as extras in a beer trade from Montana and we love their stuff.

BJ's or Costco carries them sometime. That's where I've been getting them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKhunter said:

BJ's or Costco carries them sometime. That's where I've been getting them.

Wife goes to BJ's maybe twice a year and just called from there to see if I needed anything. . Put her on the mission of finding these. She's heading to Wegmans next on the quest.

5 hours ago, BKhunter said:

If you can find these they are amazing....

http://www.famousbbqstore.com/78780.html 

Our local Wegman's has them and they are very good !  I have been alternatively buying the Famous Dave's  and the Vlasic ZESTY bread and Butter chips.

My assessment...The vlasic have a little bit more crunch, but the famous Dave's have a little better flavor .  As far as the amount and consistency of the HEAT, they both seem equal to me.. Both are very good.

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wife goes to BJ's maybe twice a year and just called from there to see if I needed anything. . Put her on the mission of finding these. She's heading to Wegmans next on the quest.

Well, ballz. I text daughter to tell wife to look at Wegmans. Yup, she forgot to tell her as she was to busy catching somewhat rare Pokémon  :stink:

Damn pokemon. You see all those people on central ave in Lancaster playing? If people think walking around for miles, looking for this elusive fictitious thing is fun they should try hunting... seems pretty similar?

8 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Damn pokemon. You see all those people on central ave in Lancaster playing? If people think walking around for miles, looking for this elusive fictitious thing is fun they should try hunting... seems pretty similar?

Yes , that's 3 blocks from our house. On weekends there's as many as 100 people around there. Supposedly it's a " gym " area where you can battle . 

Lol , you're right on the hunting 

and pickle spear #4 just got devoured . Wife just reminded me of Pittsburgh pickles she bought while there.  Just dill but something really good about them. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

I do my frig pickle in gallon ceramic containers . 1 for dill and 1 for sweet...Now most of you know that they usually only last 2 mo-3  months in the frig ...so I cheat when I want a longer lasting batch and use Mrs. Wages pickling pouch(6mos)...then add my own dill sprigs( it's a weed in the garden now) hot pepper halved and seeded...a few peppercorns ect.ect.   I change recipes and tweak  things. So I do not have a specific recipe to write down...The net has some awesome  2month recipes...just look for the lower salt ones.

• 4 months later...

Thanks to kpkot's  recommendation, I tried the Grillo's  hot dill spears from Wegman's..

They have become my favorite pickle...I think I am addicted to them... I can't live without them..

If Wegman's ever stops stocking them, I'll  probably have to shoot myself...

kpkot, you have created a MONSTER !.....<<grin>>....

• Like 1