Outdoor Legacy website

josephmrtn

Looks good Joe.... or do I call you Mr. Vice President now! :good:

All it needs now is a politics section and you'll be on your way to greatness.

Maybe lock that background image in on your home page so it doesn't scroll with the entire screen and has a smoother flow.

Glad you found some new friends to hang around with. You weren't getting anywhere here with us,lol

• Like 3

Looks good, how about a little HuntingNY.com love on the site since your promoting it here :)

Not a huge fan of Wix, if your looking to move to the next level I'd suggest doing a wordpress site (your own) which will give you a lot more flexibility for future growth. 

• Like 4

John brings up a good point on advancing.

You can get some great hosting from Certified Hosting. The software package you get for $100 a year is huge! It's by Softaculous. Everything from great forum software, e-commerce, video, and if you want to create a social site that's in there too. The Wordpress software they have is based on .org, not the free WP which is very limited.

If you decide to use them get the 'Geek' package. They also have great support for customers.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

Looks good, how about a little HuntingNY.com love on the site since your promoting it here :)

Not a huge fan of Wix, if your looking to move to the next level I'd suggest doing a wordpress site (your own) which will give you a lot more flexibility for future growth. 

Thanks guys! And yes John i can see if we can do a little promo for HuntingNY on our site ;)

• Like 1

Hi, Joe. 

I have a few suggestions:

I agree with stone's comment on being mobile friendly.  Google now ranks and displays their search results using mobile accessibility as a factor.

I would also recommend simplifying the home page for an easier load.  I haven't dealt with WIX, so I'm unsure of what kinds of display templates they offer, but if a single item is possible, I'd use that and focus the visitor's interest on that single item (perhaps a trailer for the latest episode) paired up with a brief description on the site and show's goal and mission.

I had some right to left scrolling issues, which might be specific to my browser (Firefox) and OS (mac), but I think that resizing (or eliminating) the background photo could solve that issue, if you find that the scrolling right to left occurs across multiple browsers.

All that said (or written), I think it's great that you folks are developing a series and are working hard to realize the effort.  It's awesome, and I'm very much looking forward to watching more episodes.  Keep up the good work, Joe & Co.!

PS - If you ever need some soundtrack material, I know of some music you might like to sample...

• Like 1