Bullheads ?

Pygmy

I skin them leave the tail  attached batter them in egg flour mixed with club soda then deep fry them once their done you can hold them by the tail and use your fork to scrape the meat off the bones it just falls off with very little effort

Edited by Critter4321

How do you guys usually cook bullheads? I catch them a lot during the summer and usually toss them back. I ate one once and getting the skin off was a pita and the meat was ok but I don't think I hooked it well. I wrapped in tin foil and put in fire.

Do a search on "How to skin/clean bullheads"...

It is one of those things that can be very difficult until you learn the method, after which they are among the easiest fish to clean..I can do one in a minute, a couple of different ways.

Once cleaned ( either whole or filleted) simply dust in flour, bisquick, or your own favorite coating and then fry in hot oil until done.

So good you wanna slap yo MOMMA...

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine and I fished a local farm pond earlier this week..Caught only 3 bullheads and half a dozen miniature perch..We fished at mid day, which is often the slowest time. We plan to try it again this week in the evening..

• Like 1

A friend of mine and I fished a local farm pond earlier this week..Caught only 3 bullheads and half a dozen miniature perch..We fished at mid day, which is often the slowest time. We plan to try it again this week in the evening..

I hear they're attracted to the sound of beer cans being popped open....give that a try, usually gotta call pretty steadily for at least an hour or two.

• Like 4