Anti xbow question

stoneam2006

Good point....can we get a mod to lock this up before it gets worse....

And ik I'm not helping it either

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

But in summary lets pull out a few of your gems.

Archery is easier than gun hunting

deer are stupid and so easy to pattern

Crossbows are harder to hunt with than compounds sometimes

Compounds are harder to hunt with than crossbows sometimes

Hunting should be made easier

I want hunting to be easier because I don't have time, but refuse to reprioritize other hobbies to make time

Archery season should be easier to help control the deer population, not because it was intended to be challenging

I've got mad money yo because I've got quands and dirtbikes. My neighbors love me

even with data and video evidence, one cannot take 50+ yard shots with a crossbow with little to no practice

archery hunters are elitists, how dare they try and preserve their tradition

a crossbow is the same as a compound despite being locked in draw position, having a trigger and a scope and a bipod

crossbow hunting is just as hard as compound, so there's probably no chance additional disabled hunters and elderly will use one

not a single new gun hunter will ride his quad to the tree after daylight stinking of gas, climb his tree and smoke cigs while hunting

wounding will not increase as a result of gun hunters buying an out of the box crossbow at dicks and shooting it like a gun

we will never get muzzleloaders in our archery season, anyone who thinks they will go that far is silly

Did I cover it all?

get back to me in 20

you're missing the point. There's nothing more important to me than my 2 boys. I'd quit my well paying job in heartbeat if it bettered their life somehow. He specifically started listing possessions and that was my response.

And if you want proof for me to back it up, I just quit my job in Mississippi and took a job back in Rochester to be closer to family. It has done nothing but snow since I returned and basically everything is more expensive. Does that help you understand my mindset or do I still need to report back in 20?

you're missing the point. There's nothing more important to me than my 2 boys. I'd quit my well paying job in heartbeat if it bettered their life somehow. He specifically started listing possessions and that was my response.

And if you want proof for me to back it up, I just quit my job in Mississippi and took a job back in Rochester to be closer to family. It has done nothing but snow since I returned and basically everything is more expensive. Does that help you understand my mindset or do I still need to report back in 20?

My point was the money and possessions are not wealth. Based on your response I believed  it framed your mindset. I've seen several posts from you on the $$ and your career. It's all great. At the end of the day only you can determine you "wealth" and your "success". If you are happy with it there is no one else's opinion that matters. Very similar to the taking a deer with a bow or a crossbow. If any of theses guys are happy and enjoyed their hunts, I am happy for them. 

• Like 1

My point was the money and possessions are not wealth. Based on your response I believed  it framed your mindset. I've seen several posts from you on the $$ and your career. It's all great. At the end of the day only you can determine you "wealth" and your "success". If you are happy with it there is no one else's opinion that matters. Very similar to the taking a deer with a bow or a crossbow. If any of theses guys are happy and enjoyed their hunts, I am happy for them. 

agree to disagree. The word you're using to replace wealth is "happiness". And in that, you and I are both in agreement. You need words to describe physical and monetary possession and status (even if that bothers you) and that word is wealth. Can one be terribly wealthy and unhappy? Of course. Can I be dirt poor and happy as a clam? Of course. Try not to twist my comment into something it is not. I will not apologize or made to feel bad for being financially successful. Only liberals want that :)

agree to disagree. The word you're using to replace wealth is "happiness". And in that, you and I are both in agreement. You need words to describe physical and monetary possession and status (even if that bothers you) and that word is wealth. Can one be terribly wealthy and unhappy? Of course. Can I be dirt poor and happy as a clam? Of course. Try not to twist my comment into something it is not. I will not apologize or made to feel bad for being financially successful. Only liberals want that :)

Well it sure seemed as though you went down the road to make someone feel bad about his choices. Go back and read your comments. You don't  agree with his stance on the crossbows, fair enough.  He detailed his willingness to work had and pay for things that make him "happy" to demonstrate he isn't afraid of hard work. Knowing nothing about his actual financial status you pull out the wealth, 401k and "hood rich" comments. I only hope that everyone develops as high an opinion of you has you hold for yourself.

• Like 2

Well it sure seemed as though you went down the road to make someone feel bad about his choices. Go back and read your comments. You don't  agree with his stance on the crossbows, fair enough.  He detailed his willingness to work had and pay for things that make him "happy" to demonstrate he isn't afraid of hard work. Knowing nothing about his actual financial status you pull out the wealth, 401k and "hood rich" comments. I only hope that everyone develops as high an opinion of you has you hold for yourself.

man it's Friday and you're being way too serious.

besides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGy9i8vvCxk

Nice job Belo. You feel better? I don't support it, but I wouldn't throw a fit about it either. Basically, I don't consider it my business what weapon another hunter legally uses. Isn't there some Mississippi forum you can troll around? Please don't move back here, rich boy.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

Heres it in a nutshell and i may have said this once before but its quite simple, aint no one gonna give a shit how big the bucks are you shot, how many deer you shot or how you shot them when your long gone and 6 feet under. What matters is enjoying the outdoors and hunting with family and friends while we are on this earth, either with compound or xbow makes no difference to me.

• Like 3

Nice job Belo. You feel better? I don't support it, but I wouldn't throw a fit about it either. Basically, I don't consider it my business what weapon another hunter legally uses. Isn't there some Mississippi forum you can troll around? Please don't move back here, rich boy.

assuming you didn't support the safe act either? Did you just sit by and take it or did you stand up for what you believed in? And I never said anything about being rich. Don't be a hater man, life's too short.

assuming you didn't support the safe act either? Did you just sit by and take it or did you stand up for what you believed in? And I never said anything about being rich. Don't be a hater man, life's too short.

I'm not getting sucked in to your bs. Ignore preferences set. Bye bye!

• Like 2