Anti xbow question

stoneam2006

It is easier if you can shoot a bow....what about deer are stupid and easily patterned in October is hard to get I've said it over and over...deer don't get wonky until late October into Nov then nocturnal when gun starts...

It's skill of the weapon not skill in finding deer....finding deer in archery is easier

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You should put down the mouse and step away from the keyboard

• Like 1

You should put down the mouse and step away from the keyboard

Why bc there's no argument for that....why do you think archery is before gun season...it's a handicap...very very few guy's would get deer after gun season with a bow...unless own land and pressure is lite...

I’ve been bow hunting now for 42 years and have no intensions of using a cross bow. But I have never heard so much crap coming from sup posit bow hunters. We’ve all heard the same old crap cross bow aren’t bows, those who use cross bows are lazy, not as skilled as us bow hunters, taking the easy way out and hears a good one just gun hunters who want to hunt in are season. (Truth is more bow hunters are buying cross bows then gun hunters)
A cross bow is a bow just look it up. A cross bow has a trigger and a stock. If you shoot your bow with a release then you have a mechanical trigger with one exception no safety and the only thing a stock does is make the cross bow a more stable platform. As for a cross bow being easier to shoot that’s true but that’s not a bad thing. As for cross bow users being lazy and unskilled there are some that are lazy and unskilled. But I will bet there are more of us bow hunters that are lazy and unskilled then cross bow users. We all know someone who pulls their bow out a week or even days before the season. Then they tell us they hit a deer and lost it sometimes more than one in a season. Just look at the bow hunting thread here you see some of the same names saying the lost a deer almost every year. Oh quit using the dead spot myth as an excuse it don’t exist. Every one of us who hunts has lost a deer and it is always are fault. If you say I never lost one then you haven’t hunted long enough or you’re a liar! So stop the crap!!

• Like 4

Advocating for all bows to be allowed in bow season is far different than supporting a 1 season all weapons.

But you know that.

You can advocate for whatever you want, but the reality of the situation and modern-day hunter mentality says that it is inevitable that it is only a matter of time before it all becomes a one season free-for-all. It may be years, it may be decades, but all signs and the sport's own evolution, point toward the elimination of special seasons or changes so dramatic that the original seasons won't even be recognizable. Some of that already exists and the DEC and various manufacturing and sales entities are pushing for more movement toward that end.

Try taking thay tac15 in the woods and target shoot with it from your stands and try it off hand.. 3 shots from a bench does not make one experianced with one.

As for my compound it will be used till I can't draw it anymore myself, but I will say if they legalized spears I would try those as well, anything is another tool to use and master.

I'm not sure what is being gained by the continued arguing that a crossbow is a piece of crap weapon for hunting. But I think there is sufficient evidence and a sufficient number of people that openly agree that a crossbow is a superior weapon to a compound bow and has many features (including the ability to steady it) that assist anyone who has any rifle experience and even total beginners to become near instant hunting-ready marksmen in a very short time ..... I really don't think that is arguable. Even the proponents of crossbows universally admit and applaud that the crossbow is a superior deer hunting weapon.

So now that we need to make it easier for people to hunt because no has time to spend practicing why not just allow guns.  No point in having a bow season anymore.  I have to contend with people shooting the hell out of the woods anyway so why not let them shoot deer?

Just eliminate seasons and make October 1st opening day for all weapons. 

Otherwise lets get a handgun season in bow season just to trample down the bow hunters some more, those dam elitist!  lol

It is just more of the same thing that is happening in every level of activity today. The continued dumbing down to accommodate some base level of competency. Its more of this idea that everybody deserves to be a winner regardless of effort. You know .... a trophy for everybody. It is the only fair way to do things......lol. Even hunting methods are entering into this new way of thinking. It won't stop at crossbows either. In fact it already has progressed beyond crossbows.

• Like 3

Bc people don't want to bow hunt...don't have the skill to bow hunt....don't want to spend ridiculous money on bows....were never introduced to bow hunting or maybe because some bow hunters talk like it is so hard to shoot a deer during archery archery nfl that you need to let 100 s of arrows fly a week to be able to do it and scare people off...

You continue to crack me up. "I heard it's hard so I don't even want to try" how old are you? Life is hard, the harder you work the more you get out of it. It's that simple.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what is being gained by the continued arguing that a crossbow is a piece of crap weapon for hunting. But I think there is sufficient evidence and a sufficient number of people that openly agree that a crossbow is a superior weapon to a compound bow and has many features (including the ability to steady it) that assist anyone who has any rifle experience and even total beginners to become near instant hunting-ready marksmen in a very short time ..... I really don't think that is arguable. Even the proponents of crossbows universally admit and applaud that the crossbow is a superior deer hunting weapon.

It's like listening to liberals. It's hard to hunt with a crossbow if that makes their point, but easier if that helps make their point.

• Like 2

All I read was "I'm bad at hunting, make it easier please"

Lol how is saying bow season is easier make me want it easier??? I want to be able to take my horizontal compound bow out anytime I want to...don't like it don't care....hope it passes just to piss guys like you off

You continue to crack me up. "I heard it's hard so I don't even want to try" how old are you? Life is hard, the harder you work the more you get out of it. It's that simple.

27 work 40 plus a week making good money wife is stay at home mom own my house just bought new truck wife drives nice car have 2 dirtbikes kids have 2 dirtbikes have a quad and a garage full of motorcycles....I work very hard for my stuff and always have....BOW SEASON IS EASY...BOW SEASON IS EASY.....BOW SEASON IS EASY....can you read that now I know some times reading is hard for people there's probably a app you can turn on so it will speak it to you if needed....not about making it easy it's about being able chose my other bow anytime I want and making more people get out and hunt....don't like it stay outta NY

It's like listening to liberals. It's hard to hunt with a crossbow if that makes their point, but easier if that helps make their point.

Crossbows are harder in some situations and easier in others....come on this concept is easy to understand....don't like xbows fine but don't act like the concept is rocket science

don't like it don't care....hope it passes just to piss guys like you off

if you don't care, why'd you start a thread asking about it? lol.

Also, great attitude to have towards your fellow hunters.

there we have it. And you might want to look into "wealth". Where I come from, we don't measure it by the number of "quads" in our garage, but the size of our 401k. It's not hard to be hood rich my friend.

if you don't care, why'd you start a thread asking about it? lol.

Also, great attitude to have towards your fellow hunters.

there we have it. And you might want to look into "wealth". Where I come from, we don't measure it by the number of "quads" in our garage, but the size of our 401k. It's not hard to be hood rich my friend.

Lmao my 401k is nice so is my savings and I was asking for legit anwsers....and your anwsers have been nothing but ignorant statements calling us clowns or noobs..and yep for you I hope you get the clowns of all clowns stomping thru your area...have a good day

Just pass the darned full inclusion bill and be done with it. Let each hunter decide for themselves, weather it's right for them or not!

Sooner or later, Grampy, it will pass. Then these babies can whine about the next thing that's going to ruin the sport.

• Like 1

And I can tell about your age in that comment. Down the road you will realize that true "wealth" has nothing to do with any form of money or possessions.  

• Like 4

Sooner or later, Grampy, it will pass. Then these babies can whine about the next thing that's going to ruin the sport.

Let's see if the cross bow enthusiasts whine when muzzle loaders are put into the early Archery Season !  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Let's see if the cross bow enthusiasts whine when muzzle loaders are put into the early Archery Season !  :rolleyes:

Not me. I'll just grab my ML and join in! (wearing my blaze orange of course)

• Like 2

And I can tell about your age in that comment. Down the road you will realize that true "wealth" has nothing to do with any form of money or possessions.  

sure it does. I didn't say success or happiness. I specifically said wealth.

wealth
welTH/  
noun
noun: wealth
  1. an abundance of valuable possessions or money.
    "he used his wealth to bribe officials"
    synonyms: affluence, prosperity, riches, means, substance, fortune; More
    assets, possessions, resources, funds;
    property, stock, reserves, securities, holdings;
    "a gentleman of wealth"
    antonyms: poverty

sure it does. I didn't say success or happiness. I specifically said wealth.

wealth
welTH/
noun
noun: wealth
  1. an abundance of valuable possessions or money.
    "he used his wealth to bribe officials"
    synonyms: affluence, prosperity, riches, means, substance, fortune; More
    assets, possessions, resources, funds;
    property, stock, reserves, securities, holdings;
    "a gentleman of wealth"
    antonyms: poverty

get back to me in 20

• Like 1