Ruined five arrows today...

OldNewbie

Got a new release for myself today after shooting my daughter's for a while. Tried it out and was a little different, took some getting used to, but ok.. then.. one shot went high and almost flew over the target. What the heck?  Tried again paying close attention to form, grip, smooth release... ping!  Went right over the target and into the concrete (shooting in my basement at 15 yds).  Moved to 10 yds and tried another.. ping!  Again.. Well I stupidly tried and ruined five arrows until I figured out what was wrong..

It had nothing to do with the new release. Just coincidentally, the serving above the peep sight had come loose and fallen off, and the peep had slid up the string an inch or more. I had sort of half noticed this random string that fell on one of the arrows earlier as I was aiming to shoot.. thought it was a little odd to just be raining string, but then its a basement, stuff happens. Didn't connect the dots until later...

When it comes to this archery thing, I learn by doing, I guess.. 

• Like 2

My first bow I didn't know I had to my field tip weight and my broadhead weight. My ft's were 125gr and the broadheads I bought were 100gr. First arrow was about 4-6 ft high with those broadheads. Scratched my head, went inside and called the local shop.

We all get a flier now and again. If I get two in a row, I stop and start looking at the bow and the arrows to see what's wrong.