First freshwater charter

Jmp209

I went on a fishing charter in Florida a few years ago.  One customer, a young, somewhat arrogant successful ( according to him) executive type,  brought bananas in his lunch..

The captain and mate told him he could not bring them on board. The customer pitched a fit, and  the bananas came aboard with us.

We didn't get skunked, but we didn't exactly have a banner day either...

I went on a fishing charter in Florida a few years ago. One customer, a young, somewhat arrogant successful ( according to him) executive type, brought bananas in his lunch..

The captain and mate told him he could not bring them on board. The customer pitched a fit, and the bananas came aboard with us.

We didn't get skunked, but we didn't exactly have a banner day either...

Probably because u were wearing a banana hammock pygmy?

• Like 1

Nope, Nada, No BANANA's on my fishing boat!!!! A couple years ago I took a co-worker up to Saratoga Lake for some bass fishing. That is one place where ANYONE can catch bass at just about anytime. I also have won a few tournaments there, over the years. Well, after fishing on a perfect day for more than three hours, we had not caught one dang fish!! So he decides to take a break and opens his little square coleman cooler for a bite to eat and a drink. And there on top I see two BANANA'S! "Sorry Joe, these gotta go." He must have thought I was nuts as I tossed them over the side. But within 15 minutes, we were both landing bass! And I explained the reason for tossing the Nanner's. Coincidence? I don't think so.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

By the looks of that pic, it was an awesome day!

The guys running the charter definitely knew their stuff and made it an awesome day. The work they put in is unbelievable. It's hard to even take credit for all their effort.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i went on a charter out of rochester called dream catcher charter wow what an expeirence i have fished florida north carolina mass.  as well long island  we traveled from queens and was not dissapointed hardest working capt i've ever been with .  we trolled and caught salmon rainbow trout the 4 of us all caught fish you'll have fun  be prepared with meds for sea sickness[ i like the patch behind the ear] and foul weather gear and warm clothes you can always take it off if it gets warm bring a small cooler w/ some food and drinks check w/ the capt about alcohol some dont allow it and no bananas

Last time I was out with a friend, hooked an 18 lb salmon, then the waves hit. That lake can turn into angry monster in an instant with only a few clouds in the sky.  He gave me the wheel and the pole while he pulled the other down riggers in. He kept yelling, " steer into the wind." My arms felt like they were ready to fall off. The fish made it in the cooler; just barely. It was fun, looking back at it now. Got to get out there again, soon.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

So who was ur captain? Looks like a good catch

Ol dog on a stray

The captain was Mike Johannes with on the rocks fishing charters. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in a Lake Ontario salmon charter.

Guessing you fished west end of lake? They salmon tend to stack there first and then move east.

Yea we were in the west end of the lake near Wilson and Olcott, northern end of Niagara county