1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

3D league is on Tuesday evenings. Hunting setups. Yardages vary out past 50 yards at times. No range finders allowed. This was first arrow today/this evening. 30 yards I figure.
c07d3f643ac873b859cdbe9935fdfdb3.jpg
This was first arrow for second group of targets up the hill. Figured the ram to be somewhere between 35 and 40 but closer to 35 (two of my pins evenly split) than 40.
f77f5c1d9b0e3640b8aab02dce291447.jpg
Making up a week so moving to a different stake at times but shooting two arrows at each target. Exactly four arrows in....
ce24b2665627ffd9cc60306463cc4677.jpg

• Like 3

3D league is on Tuesday evenings. Hunting setups. Yardages vary out past 50 yards at times. No range finders allowed. This was first arrow today/this evening. 30 yards I figure.
c07d3f643ac873b859cdbe9935fdfdb3.jpg
This was first arrow for second group of targets up the hill. Figured the ram to be somewhere between 35 and 40 but closer to 35 (two of my pins evenly split) than 40.
f77f5c1d9b0e3640b8aab02dce291447.jpg
Making up a week so moving to a different stake at times but shooting two arrows at each target. Exactly four arrows in....
ce24b2665627ffd9cc60306463cc4677.jpg

Nice shooting db!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Wow I sure need to practice a lot more in the next two months. I'm finding that my arrows are veering to the right the further back I try to go. I'm thinking this is because of the string rolling off my fingers maybe?  Any suggestions?  I have been told I need to look into getting a release but haven't checked them out or know where to start. 

image.jpg

I'm not into bows or equipment used on them . In close to,30 years of bow hunting I've owned two,bows and couldn't tell you who makes the release, site, rest and so on.

What I can tell you is my first bow I could shoot "fingers" but the new bow I got 8 or so,years ago I use a release . So many of today's bows are  short and the "V" where your fingers go on the string is to small to fit your fingers well.

A release works very well and removes a human factor from the shot . 

50 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Rock have you shot through paper? Sounds like your centershot is off

As far as a release you can get a good trigger cheap in the classifieds of most forums. I always liked Scotts little mongoose. New they aren't even expensive

What does shooting through paper mean?

Rock

I would definitely start with a release if you are new to shooting.  Much more consistent. and if the arrow is moving right as you move father away, you probably have your rest too close to the riser (could be a weak spine, but its easy to adjust the centershot on the rest).  Loosent he adjument on the rest and move it 1/16" at a time until your arrown remains in a straight vertical line as you move further away - try 20-30 and 40 yds.  Shooting through paper means that you paper tune.  Probably not needed if you are just starting, but its helps to identify, based on the tear, what adjustments should be made to the bow for a proper tune.

I agree both forms of tuning work and I use them both.  But for a newbie on his own, I think walk back tuning is the better option.  Paper tuning requires more knowledge of tuning and works better when you already have solid and consistent form.  JMO.

• Like 1

I agree both forms of tuning work and I use them both.  But for a newbie on his own, I think walk back tuning is the better option.  Paper tuning requires more knowledge of tuning and works better when you already have solid and consistent form.  JMO.

I agree that's what I did this year as my first year tuning my own...then neighbor helped paper tune.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah that's not a bad idea to go to a bow shop. I'm in canandaigua and there are a few around. I'm go a get good at this thing. I'm just glad I'm starting now with two months to practice unlike my start with a 12 gauge last year that I bought the night before opening day. 

• Like 1

Rockspec, as you know Bullseye is just down the road a bit from you. I've had arrows made there and he got me out of a jam one morning , by getting my release out from under my cam....( no charge).

About  two dozen guys on the job shoot in a league there  as well and seem to,like it there .

Oh and buying that 12 ga the night before opening day , seemed to,work,out ok !

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

dB you need pin knocks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

not as durable to use for hunting in my opinion.  besides I've found the pin portion of the bushings get a little bent still when they take a hit.  nock squareness is even more important than squaring up the business end ive found.  this is my primary hunting bow setup that I'm using for 3D until I get the Elite Victory in the previous post fully setup.