Almost ( might still get ) Got In Trouble

DirtTime

This thread is refreshing.... No arguing and in fighting... Which you see all too often here... Really nice to see a hunter getting a bow and some great advice on where to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would say that you will probably have company in that spot in partridge run now that it was shared publicly.  There are alot of people that cruse this site without out  signing on.

Ya know....I thought about that this morning lol. Rob should probably save those pics of the maps I posted and I can edit my post and delete them. But even if that did happen. I still have about 10 other spots up my sleeve that I'll give anyone wanting help. That place is big and it's tough to hunt and scout by yourself. I've gathered my Intel over the last 2 falls with a buddy of mine but it took us awhile. I've had a lot of cameras around that place too....luckily I've never had one stolen. I did have a hunter on my one camera but thankfully he was a good guy and just waved and kept on hiking.

• Like 1

I hear ya ADK, I have put some leather miles up there also. I have seen some nice deer there never got any shots only took one doe during bow season awhile back.  I used to do a lot of scouting up there when I was grouse hunting before the bow season started on the 15th.

Yea I would delete the pics and just send to Rob.

I am proud to be a member here with a lot of you good folks!! I started bow hunting all self taught many moons ago and saved up to buy a cheap Bear Whitetail 2. That thing is a dinosaur compared to some of todays technology but man I shot a bunch of deer with it!! You don't need a new fancy bow to shoot deer that is for sure, just some time and patience.

Let us know what arrows you end up shooting out of it I or some of us may have some lying around. I find the extras to actually be more $ than the bow!! I have a bunch of arrows I have moved on from as I am sure others do.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 2

I probably shouldn't have mentioned that spot of state land. Never thought about the number of people who would read it and flood it out with pressure.

As for no arguing, don't jinx it people! LOL.

I can't express my appreciation for the help and kindness of people on this thread and many of the people on this site. I have learned a few things by being a member here. 

• Like 2

I probably shouldn't have mentioned that spot of state land. Never thought about the number of people who would read it and flood it out with pressure.

As for no arguing, don't jinx it people! LOL.

I can't express my appreciation for the help and kindness of people on this thread and many of the people on this site. I have learned a few things by being a member here. 

The first real hunting spot I ever had came from a member of this site. When I first started out he met me in sterling forest and showed me around... He even gave me my first dmp

• Like 2

Speaking of PR though....was up there for a ride around tonight. Picked up my new old truck lol. I traded this truck in 3 years ago and just bought it back again lol. Timing was right and I really liked this truck. Once I saw it I knew I had to have it again. Just picked it up after work today. Had to go get a little mud on the tires and look for deer. They are doing some logging up in PR. Lots of deer out and about tonight too!
b6692859912625f4fe20d465831d8d55.jpg

• Like 1

Got a message from Jeremy earlier. Says I will have a package on Monday. Going to locate the small box with broad-heads, my release, sight, and field points. Dig out my last target as well. Might take it to a shop to have everything dialed in and tuned up. I think he said the draw weight was set at 65#'s or 70#'s with a 27 1/2" draw length. Need a few adjustment's on those to fit me better.  Max practice yardage will be between 15-20 yards. I have close to 32 yards, but I don't want to push my luck shooting to close to the driveway.

Looking forward to getting more used to a release vs fingers which I always shot in the past.

• Like 4

If your looking for a shop to tune it up for ya, I suggest flying arrow archery across the river in east greenbush. Not far from you at all. I've heard good and bad about them but I've always been treated fairly and the owner absolutely knows his stuff. Prices are on par with every other bow shop I've been to. They are really helpful and take the time to set your stuff up right and then take you in the back to the range to shoot to make sure your good to go, even with a show room full of people waiting.

Now it's time to get lots of shooting in before season opener! I stopped at my buddy's house for a min yesterday and was talked into flinging a couple arrows quick. Started at 60 with 3 arrows. Dead on. Went to 70 and flung 3 more and still good to go. Was all the time I had to shoot yesterday but it felt good to be shooting

• Like 1

Located my release, sight, and rest. While I was at Wallyworld this morning I grabbed some new broad-heads and field points in 100gr as I think I want to try and get a bit more speed. I did an oops though, I grabbed 4 more arrows I thought were a match to my Carbon Express Wolverine Hunters, but they are 55/70's and my older arrows are 50/60's. Slight weight difference and a bit stiffer in spine. Will have to see how much of a difference there is. Can't imagine much. Kind of like 2117 aluminum vs 2216, not much difference.

Edited by ....rob

Located my release, sight, and rest. While I was at Wallyworld this morning I grabbed some new broad-heads and field points in 100gr as I think I want to try and get a bit more speed. I did an oops though, I grabbed 4 more arrows I thought were a match to my Carbon Express Wolverine Hunters, but they are 55/70's and my older arrows are 50/60's. Slight weight difference and a bit stiffer in spine. Will have to see how much of a difference there is. Can't imagine much. Kind of like 2117 aluminum vs 2216, not much difference.

Probably won't even notice....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ....rob said:

No arrows needed Rob , i threw the dozen arrows i had just gotten for that bow in the box before i sealed it up, half of them had field tips in them also.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

No arrows needed Rob , i threw the dozen arrows i had just gotten for that bow in the box before i sealed it up, half of them had field tips in them also.

Absolutely awesome, what you are doing Jeremy! Way to go man! It will all come back to you and then some. Starting this deer season!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Absolutely awesome, what you are doing Jeremy! Way to go man! It will all come back to you and then some. Starting this deer season!

I can't shoot them in any of the bows i shoot so it seemed like a no brainer to me. I could use a little good karma right now though,i got bit by something in the ankle while cutting the lawn yesterday and i'm debating about going to the MASH care to have it looked at .

• Like 5

I can't shoot them in any of the bows i shoot so it seemed like a no brainer to me. I could use a little good karma right now though,i got bit by something in the ankle while cutting the lawn yesterday and i'm debating about going to the MASH care to have it looked at .

You're a great dude... It's been a pleasure being on this forum with you! This is making me excited for the live from the stand thread

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I know. One can never have to many arrows, or bullets, IMO. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You'll like it ,It was a good shooting bow and its quick too , one thing I noticed with that bow is that it was really easy for the string to grab your sleeve so make sure you shoot with your hunting clothes on  before the season starts.

Good to know. I always practice once it gets a bit cooler with my hunting coat on at least a few times. Might buy a new arm guard to make sure I don't skin up my arm. That frikin' hurts.

Did you shoot it with a stabilizer? I have never used one in the past. This bow seems pretty balanced. Only additions I might make are a peep sight and limb savers.